Senior Mechanical Engineer - Vancouver, WA
Advantage Resourcing Group is seeking a Senior Mechanical Engineer for our client in Vancouver, WA.
The Lead Mechanical Engineer will be responsible for analysis, design and/or development of new or modified mechanical components and apparatus, including supporting loads at elevated temperatures under corrosive conditions with special materials. The Lead Mechanical Engineer works closely with an interdisciplinary team of engineers, scientists, and technicians in an interactive environment to establish and improve engineering and production manufacturing capability.
The Lead Mechanical Engineer uses the methods of technical research, project planning/resourcing, material screening, experimental design (DOE), finite element modeling, and product transition to create sustainable and profitable product lines. Acts as a technical liaison providing troubleshooting and technical support for projects related to the development of new products and designs.
Having wide-ranging experience, uses professional concepts and company objectives to resolve complex issues in creative and effective ways. Works on complex issues where analysis of situations or data requires an in-depth evaluation of variable factors. Exercises judgment in selecting methods, techniques and evaluation criteria for obtaining results. Networks with key contacts outside own area of expertise. Considered a subject matter expert. Determines methods and procedures on new assignments and may coordinate activities of other personnel
• Expertise in the properties of materials at high temperature, high pressure, and high load is critical. Experience designing and modeling apparatus is valuable. We’re looking for a “mechanician” with focus on materials at elevated temps and pressure. Industries which might yield good candidates: Diamond/supper alloy/ceramic (zirconia, carbon); aircraft engines/aviation – structures and turbomachinery; oil/gas.
• BS degree in engineering is required
• PhD in Mechanical Engineering, or another closely-related discipline, or a M.S. degree plus at least 5 years of mechanical design experience is preferred
• Requires a minimum of 8+ years of related experience or its equivalent in education and practical experience.
• 2+ years’ experience with finite element modeling software such as ABAQUS
• 2+ years’ experience designing components and apparatus with state-of-the-art capability
• Familiarity and expertise with common engineering materials and proven ability to design with novel or non-standard materials
• Experience with safe handling of hazardous chemicals
• Demonstrated safety-oriented mindset
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
• Independently sets up and performs finite-element calculations and designs mechanical equipment and apparatus
• Works collaboratively with others on mechanical analysis and design
• Works with vendors to specify and procure components
• Interprets measurements, evaluates experiments, and documents and communicates results
• Takes ownership of projects and manages results from cradle to grave with guidance from Engineering Manager
• Works independently
• Adapts to changing priorities and schedules
• Partners with engineering team for process development and qualification
• Coordinates projects between sales, customers, purchasing, prototype development and production
• Evaluates and provides baseline recommendations for designs based on package costs and performance trade-off
• Contributes to input regarding the cost of design, materials and process under the specific guidance of an engineer or manager, and finds technical solutions
• May train and supervise technician level personnel and associate engineers
• Leads specific projects that are broad in scope and are minimally supervised
• Generates own specific goals and prioritize workload so those actions are in alignment with department goals
• Designs tooling, fixtures, and jigs
• Interfaces with customers as needed, including giving technical presentations
• May contribute to accurate H/E reporting practices.
• Other duties as assigned If you are interested in applying, please email me Ignacio Barba at:
IBarba@advantageresourcing.com call 408-367-1477, or click the “Apply” button.