Technical Writer - Goleta, CA
One of the world’s leaders in materials science, our client has an opening for a Technical Writer to work onsite in Goleta, CA. While this is a 6+ contract position it has the potential to extend to 24 months.
• Create work instructions for production/manufacturing operators
• Work with engineers and production operators to gather accurate information for work instructions
• Simplify highly complex engineering/technical instructions for production operator level work instructions
• Transcribe physical manufacturing practices (watch operator) into documented work instructions.
• Physical verify documented instructions with manufacturing practice for accuracy
• Create LEAN documentation that is clearly organized, standardize, simplified instructions, error-free, and grammatically correct.
• Develop Microsoft word and excel templates for lot travelers, forms, checklists etc.
• Develop restricted formatted Microsoft office templates for users with little to no experience with office formatting knowledge
• Develop annotated guidelines/visual work instructions
• Work to a team project plan and due dates
• Develop technical writing class/materials for writing work instructions
• Produces products that conform to the company documentation and quality assurance standards.
• Works on problems of limited scope. Follows standard practices in analyzing situations or data from which answers can be readily obtained.
• Recommends formats responsive to technical and customer requirements.
• Contact with others is primarily internal.
Education / Experience
• AA education with a minimum of two or more years of technical writing / auditing experience
• Document and Production Auditing experience
• Document Control and Management experience
United States of America
Online / Full App
Folder Group ID
Apply for this Position
Job Title: Technical Writer
Location: Goleta, CA
Job Type: Temp Position
Reference ID: 356602
Posted Date: 2/18/2019