Wireless Communications Engineer - Dearborn, MI
- Sr. Wireless Communications Systems Engineer. We are seeking a wireless communications systems engineer to lead OEM in the integration of advanced communications (5G NR, C-V2X, Ultra-wideband) into the automotive environment for both connected and autonomous vehicles.
- Your assignment will be to provide the technical expertise and leadership to design, simulate and test these advanced communications systems focusing on the physical layer, antenna design/placement and the propagation channel.
- From computer simulations to laboratory testing, culminating in vehicle level field testing, you will design the communications system from concept to integration at the vehicle level.
- You will also develop advanced testing techniques to validate these systems on the vehicle.
- As needed you will interface with internal OEM antenna and physical layer designers, test engineers, software engineers, University partners, systems engineers, feature owners and chipset suppliers. In addition, you will represent OEM in industry committees/standards such as CTIA, SAE, IEEE, 3GPP & 5GAA.
- MSEE with concentration in communications systems, signal processing or related field
- 5 years experience in related automotive, cellular, defense, aerospace, terrestrial communications systems
- Experience with Communications Simulation in MATLAB Communications System Toolbox, Simulink or Keysight SystemVue
- Knowledge of the following technologies 5G, C-V2X, MIMO, OFDM, HARQ,
- LTE/WCDMA/GSM, 802.11a/b/g/n/ac/ax/ad or Bluetooth/BLE
- Experience with basic test equipment such as network analyzers, spectrum analyzers, signal generators, power meters
- PhD with concentration in communications systems, signal processing or related field
- Channel modeling experience (Winner II, Winner +, ray tracing techniques)
- Experience with tools such as Remcom Wireless Insite or Altair Winprop
- Experience with high frequency electromagnetic field solvers such as HFSS, CST or FEKO
- Physical layer implementation experience
- Experience with Keysight ADS or Genesys
- Experience with CTIA test guidelines
- Experience with communications test equipment such as channel emulators, wireless communication testers, reverberation chambers, anechoic chambers, MIMO OTA test chambers
United States of America
Engineering / Engineering
Folder Group ID
Apply for this Position
Job Title: Wireless Communications Engineer
Location: Dearborn, MI
Job Type: Temp Position
Reference ID: 356624
Posted Date: 2/25/2019