Embedded Software Functional Safety Engineer - Dearborn, MI
- This Embedded Software Functional Safety Engineer position is offered within the Software Technical Design and Code Quality Assurance group in OEM (Dearborn, MI).
- In this position, the embedded software engineer will develop an extensive set of technical review questions intended to increase the quality of our embedded software regarding functional safety.
- Once finalized, the process will be used by the engineer to review software and ensure compliance to our functional safety requirements as implemented by our internal and external software suppliers.
- The position will also entail performing risk assessments and containment reviews to ensure the robust implementation of functional safety related software issues found during the development and production of electrical/electronic components.
- Align software deliverables with vehicle program timing and electrical engineering processes to enhance software quality launches and conduct embedded software and technical design reviews according to OEM Product Development processes.
Functional Safety including a deep understanding and experience of ISO26262-Part 6
- 5 years of experience in the position offered or performing software development of embedded systems.
- 5 years of experience using C and C++.
- 2 years of experience using software testing methods.
- 2 years of demonstrable expertise in software functional safety.
- 2 years of experience performing design and code reviews.
- 1 year of experience performing project management.
Bachelor’s degree or foreign equivalent degree in electrical engineering, computer engineering, computer science or a related field
Master’s degree or foreign equivalent degree in electrical engineering, computer engineering, computer science or a related field
United States of America
Information Technology / IT - Software
Folder Group ID
Apply for this Position
Job Title: Embedded Software Functional Safety Engineer
Location: Dearborn, MI
Job Type: Temp Position
Reference ID: 356628
Posted Date: 2/25/2019