Systems Engineer - Vancouver, WA
Advantage Resourcing Group is seeking a Systems Engineer for our client located in Vancouver, WA.
General Description of Position
The Systems Engineer will work with management, engineering, production staff, outside vendors, and IT/ERP resources to define, implement and support a Manufacturing Execution System (MES; to be differentiated from a Machine Execution System). This position involves performing an analysis of potential MES solutions for tracking of work-in-progress and final products and integration with an existing ERP; soliciting bids from vendors; reviewing proposals with stakeholders; and implementing the chosen solution across multiple sites. The Systems Engineer will review current operations and work to transfer legacy data and procedures into the chosen system. The Systems Engineer will develop and maintain training resources and tools and be responsible for site-wide implementation and support.
• Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, or a related engineering field
• 2-3 years experience in a manufacturing environment in an MES-related role
• Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously and follow through on process improvement
• Demonstrated success implementing IT system upgrades
• Strong communication skills to work with vendors and internal customers
• In-depth knowledge of MES capabilities and implementation
• Expertise with SAP, SQL, VBA, CAD and PDM software (SolidWorks preferred)
• Experience with PLC-based process control, automation, and data monitoring is desirable but not required
• Experience developing data visualization or processing tools is desirable but not required
• Experience working with vendors and negotiating pricing and services
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
• Oversees all phases of a project to implement a MES at multiple sites and integrates with existing ERP
• Uses expert knowledge to identify best MES solution after defining scope of work with key managers and process owners
• Identifies areas of need for increased MES capability and creates initiatives to improve manufacturing operations management
• Works with process owners to thoroughly document data and recipes from a variety of manufacturing operations
• Works with management to develop reporting functionality to understand utilization, work-in-process and process bottlenecks
• Takes ownership of projects and manages results from cradle to grave
• Works directly with and trains employees (engineers, managers, operators and technicians) on the production floor or in the office
• Monitors system performance and work with IT to streamline performance
• Other duties as assigned.
• Must be able to communicate verbally and in writing in a businesslike, professional manner.
If you are interested in applying, please email me at: Thomas.Cooper@advantageresourcing.com, call 408-367-1478, or click the “Apply” button.
United States of America
Engineering / Engineering
Direct Hire Position
Folder Group ID
Apply for this Position
Job Title: Systems Engineer
Location: Vancouver, WA
Job Type: Direct Hire Position
Reference ID: 356662
Posted Date: 2/22/2019