Powertrain Controls Engineer - Auburn Hills, MI
- Participate in a team of engineers responsible for the development, integration, build and test of software for control module for various control algorithm analysis, design, implementation, bench/dyno/vehicle testing.
- Perform failure mode analysis, diagnostic analysis, design, implementation and testing.
- Perform software requirements analysis, design, coding, test plan creation, and testing for Control Features.
- Perform reviews for Requirements, Design Documents, Simulink Models, C/C++/Assembly code, and Test Plans.
- Create RTW/Target Link Models. 3-5 years experience
- This key position modifies or creates production software-ready algorithms for the On-Board Diagnostics (OBD) which can be turned into software in operation on our Global Powertrain Electronic Control (GPEC).
- The successful candidate will have the ability to apply observer-based methodologies towards OBD algorithm design.
- They work in multi-disciplinary Centers of Excellence (CoEs) who are responsible for delivering embedded software for the GPEC ECU family.
- Provide status on changes to OBD algorithms and OBD issue resolution status to OBD Controls technical lead, a COE Leader, or Project Management Coordinators (PMCs).
- They will participate in high-level, function requirements and FMEA development for new diagnostic strategies with systems engineers.
- They will prepare preliminary calibrations for software and controls verification and validation.
- They will use Hardware-in-the-Loop (HIL) instrumentation or a vehicle to acquire data or other data sources to verify the new algorithms.
- BS degree in Computer Science, Electrical, or Mechanical Engineering is required from an accredited University
- 3-5 years off engineering work experience preferred
- Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, and Powerpoint
- Proficient in Matlab/Simulink
- Good communication skills, both verbal and written
- Good experience working in multi-disciplinary teams
- Good project coordination skills
- Good understanding of the development of embedded software
- Good understanding of gasoline engine combustion and principles of after-treatment
- Automotive experience either at work or university, such as Formula SAE, SAE EcoCar, or other university automotive activity
- 1 or more years experience in creation and validation of On-Board Diagnostics algorithms
- 1 or more years ETAS INCA Tool Experience for collecting OBD2 data
- Good understanding of application of OBD2 regulation to the creation and validation of diagnostics for new gasoline or diesel engines
Travel and Driving Requirements:
- Will be required to travel domestically and internationally up to 20%
- Will be required to drive a company car.
- Valid drivers license is required as well as a clean driving record.
Auburn Hills, MI
United States of America
Online / Full App
Folder Group ID
Apply for this Position
Job Title: Powertrain Controls Engineer
Location: Auburn Hills, MI
Job Type: Temp Position
Reference ID: 356840
Posted Date: 3/14/2019