Senior Lab Support Engineer - Austin, TX
Senior Lab Support Engineer
- Work schedule: 4pm - 12am Midnight or 5pm - 1am (supporting Bangalore India)
- Work site: Austin, TX
- Duration: 9+ months – end of fiscal year. Possibility of extending long term. Ongoing need expected for several years.
- Need experience with JIRA rack and stack network switches, servers, installing windows VMWare and Linux.
- Good communications skills and have patience
Day to day responsibilities:
Rack + Stack of servers, rack and stack of network switches and storage platforms ISALAN, servers themselves when racked, looking to install Windows/VMWare sometimes linux
– like them to install flex OS – doesn’t replace OS rides on top, basically a storage layer
– network switches configured. Installing OS, applications
– will be taught (some training to be provided as needed)
This is in support of a team in India – there are 1-2 engineers at the Austin site, primary responsibility is doing work for solutions team in India.
Have JIRA (would be helpful but not required) – as engineers put through tickets need to be, +JIRA experience, reading issue & working issue.
Top skills we can’t live without:
- Communication/Patience – phone talking to people with thick accents
- Good work ethic
- Self-sufficient, self-motivated and doesn’t require a lot of site management
- Comfortable having daily calls with team in India
Primary Job Responsibilities will include:
This job requires interaction and completion of tasks for an India based Solutions Engineering team. There will be interaction with Engineers in the US based lab as well. Because the team is based in India, the working hours will be offset from normal US working hours to accommodate the work schedule of the India team.
- Server and Network Switch Rack installation including network connections
- Installation of Operating system environment on servers (VMware ESXi, Linux, Windows Server)
- Installation of Dell EMC FlexOS (ScaleIO) SW on servers including clustering the servers as part of the installation
- Creation of Storage Pools and other Volume related configurations
- Occasionally Installation of various applications on these clustered servers (for example: Oracle DB, Microsoft SQL Server, SAP HANA, Microsoft Exchange, Splunk, etc...)
- Technical support of Network, Server and other troubleshooting activities based on the needs of the Engineering team.
- The team uses a support ticketing system in JIRA to outline tasks.
- Familiarity with support ticketing and problem resolution is preferred.
- This position also requires that the technical environment is properly monitored and that any problems are rectified.
- Maintain a working knowledge of all documented processes and procedures.
- Identifies opportunities for improvements in efficiency and responsiveness, makes recommendations and assists to implement efficiencies.
- Identify system or storage performance issues and participate in the development of tools to improve system management.
- Provides technical expertise in the development of collaborative platform client application/customer interface
- Identify and execute on proactive and preventative system upgrades.
United States of America
Online / Full App
Folder Group ID
Apply for this Position
Job Title: Senior Lab Support Engineer
Location: Austin, TX
Job Type: Temp Position
Reference ID: 357056
Posted Date: 2/21/2019