Quality Engineer - Auburn Hills, MI
- Learning Analytics and Reporting Specialist is responsible for ensuring the efficiency of the Service and Learning team by creating measure of learning effectiveness, analyzing data, and identifying areas for improvement.
- Perform root cause analysis of quality issues, often using advanced problem solving tools (like Kepner Tregoe, Shainin Red X, Design of Experiments).
- Recommend and implement simple cost-effective permanent corrective actions.
- Analyze quality data from internal and external indicators to ensure correlation.
- Manage engineering changes, working with cross-functional team to ensure timely execution.
- Conduct product evaluation requests to ensure robustness of product or process change before full implementation.
- Work with Engineering and Suppliers to resolve issues that are not plant controllable.
- Recommend and validate rework procedures.
- Develop inspection procedures and best methods for performing inspection.
- Develop projects to support World Class Manufacturing.
- Quality Engineer responsible for Product Development and Quality Assembly of aftermarket accessories sold at dealers and assembled at Custom Shops.
- Support DFMEA and DVP development for new or high risk commodities.
- Support system and vehicle level testing by coordinating tests and reporting on results.
- Analyze monthly accessory part warranty and identify issues.
- Resolve identified issues through root cause analysis, validation and implementation of the fix with engineering.
- Feed forward lessons learned to engineering Design Best Practice Documents.
- Lead identification, containment and resolution of all issues, such as incoming vehicle quality, incoming part quality and assembly process issues (using Global Issue Management (GIM) process where applicable).
- Conduct content specific Customer Product Audit (CPA) and document data.
- Lead execution of new program launches to include, assess feasibility of program content, lead Production Evaluation Run (PER) readiness assessment, identify issues for resolution, implement Production Start Approval (PSA), communicate vehicle incoming quality to assembly plant quality organization, and manage ship hold and yard hold.
- Keep up-to-date on latest applicable specification and standards from beSTandard
- Bachelor of Science in Engineering required
- Minimum 5 years of practical experience in Automotive Product Development and/or Quality/Manufacturing
- Understanding of DFMEA, DVP, PFMEA, Control Plan, PSO and PPAP processes
- Must have understanding of Automotive specifications and standards, including Regulatory and Safety requirements
- Warranty data analysis (WDSS, WIS, QNA, CLIMS, PRAS systems)
- Proactive Reliability Engineering highly preferred
Ability to work in a fast-paced environment
Excellent critical thinking and good communicationSelf-motivated, results driven, able to work with minimal supervisionWill be required to drive company vehicles - valid drivers license and clean driving record
Will be required to travel 20-40% - domestic & international
Auburn Hills, MI
United States of America
Online / Full App
Folder Group ID
Apply for this Position
Job Title: Quality Engineer
Location: Auburn Hills, MI
Job Type: Temp Position
Reference ID: 357076
Posted Date: 2/22/2019