Telecom Engagement Manager II - Herndon, VA
One of the world’s largest communication companies, our client has an opening for a Telecom Engagement Manager II, to work on a team at our client site in Herndon, VA . Imagine everything that you could learn to advance your career while working at a global communication and IT services company focused on connecting people to the power of the digital world. This position seeks talented candidates who will put the customer at the center of everything they do. Inquire about this opportunity and you could end up on a diverse and inclusive team where you’ll not only be valued but feel inspired to give your all to get the job done.
Acts as a single point of contact for a group of assigned customer accounts which typically have a medium to large revenue scope or have moderate to high complex product needs. Manages any interactions from the customer order through billing to ensure highest levels of customer satisfaction. Pro-actively manages the customers service needs to ensure the highest levels of customer satisfaction and that their expectations are met. Promotes revenue growth, retention, and overall customer satisfaction. Serves as the conduit and escalation point for exception problem management of customer troubles and issues in the areas of order entry, order validation, service activation, test and turn-up, customer access group, technical customer account management, disconnects and billing activities.
Knowledge, Skills or Abilities
• Bachelor's degree preferred
• Minimum of 3 years related customer service experience in the telecommunications industry
• Must have project management experience in planning and organizing data from various sources into concise, relevant information
• Must have keen attention to detail. Must be self-directed, understand the requirements, and take the initiative to complete tasks or assignments with little or no direction
• Experienced in interfacing with internal and external customers towards effective management of a project or customer expectations
• Ability to focus and deliver pro-actively in a dynamic, multi-tasking, fast-paced environment
• Ability to work effectively in diverse groups
• Demonstrated ability to direct the work of other functional organizations
• Demonstrated ability to influence and collaborate across organizational boundaries
• Excellent interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills
• Strong PC skills in Microsoft Outlook, Word, Excel and PowerPoint
• Must work effectively under pressure; organizing multiple tasks and projects in an ever changing environment
• Develop documentation to be reported to all levels of management and customers
• Effective problem solving and troubleshooting skills
• Owns and manages all customer communications or escalations pertaining to new install orders. Manages all aspects of the conversion of sales to revenue for the company. Actively manages all service activation elements of customer orders from order entry through service turn up. Communicates order status in a timely manner to customers via conference call, emails and phone calls. Has authority to deviate from defined processes to ensure customer satisfaction and revenue recognition.
• Initiates and tracks the timely and accurate moves, adds, changes and disconnects to the customers services based on their requests. Which include but is not limited to reason code collection, reporting and defining approach for proactively working with the customer and sales on disconnect related retention efforts. May also be provided with a level of authority to provide customer credits related to disconnect retention efforts to be used at their discretion.
• Owns and creates service delivery and service management performance review presentations. Collects and interprets service performance root cause analysis and corrective actions.
• Delivers project status and presentations to the customers on a weekly or monthly basis depending upon customer requirements, which is delivered via electronic presentations or in person meetings.
• May collaborate with customer or portal support team with the on-boarding and re-boarding (as changes occur) of customers within the company portal. Provides training to customers in order to drive consistent use of the company portal. Accountable to ensure that all assigned customers are portal enabled, including owning and directing the process for implementing updates of customer information hierarchies within the company portal.
• May conduct first bill reviews (new or significant changes in services) with new and existing customers to ensure invoiced charges are accurate for contracted products and services. Assists as an escalation point to customers for billing research, and helps identify root cause of billing disputes. Initiates, develops, and manages action plans to correct and prevent the reoccurrence of specific dispute types, and has authority to approve customer credits within established limits.
• Responsible for effective and proactive pre-sales engagement which includes product compliance, ensuring factory supportability and solutions definitions.
Minimum skills required to perform in this role.
Education Qualifications: High School Diploma/GED or 2 plus years of relevant job experience. Relevant job experience is described as:
• Job experience in similar industry
• Job experience with similar essential duties Physical Requirements:
• Office - Sits 5 to 7 hours per day; Bend, reach, stoop and crouch; lift 10 lbs.
United States of America
Online / Full App
Folder Group ID
Apply for this Position
Job Title: Telecom Engagement Manager II
Location: Herndon, VA
Job Type: Temp Position
Reference ID: 357317
Posted Date: 2/25/2019