Knowledge Content Author/Editor - Palo Alto, CA
Work site can be: Palo Alto, San Francisco, or Raleigh, North Carolina
Knowledge Content Author/Editor
Looking for a Jr-mid-level knowledge author & editor, someone who measures their success by the success of the entire team, who understands the expectations enterprise customers have when experiencing software documentation, and the value of collaborating with a diverse team of software support engineers and developers. The role demands strong service instincts, excellent communication, technical agility, and values related to kindness, helpfulness, self-awareness, curiosity, and continuous learning.
- You love software, you enjoy helping people, and you know that it takes open communication and trustworthy relationships for things to run smoothly in the long run.
We are looking for a knowledge author & editor with excellent communication and people skills. You will help manage the content lifecycle and work with a virtual team of global contributors in authoring content for our Knowledge Base, which provides help for Pivotal products. You’ll be working closely with our customer engineers to develop content in the form of How-To, FAQs, Troubleshooting articles for both internal and external audiences.
You are interested in continuously improving yourself, our support systems and products by taking training, detailing defects and collaborating with engineering and operations to triage customer-facing knowledge.
- We are passionate about how software customers should be supported. We work in small teams around the globe, supporting customers 24x7, following the sun. We believe in doing the right thing and working at a sustainable pace – typically 8 hours each day with occasional weekend support rotations. We expect you to be working Monday to Friday (Weekdays only) 5*8 hours a week. And, when you’re off work, we want you to relax, recharge, and refocus.
To make sure your days are energized, we provide a variety of snacks and beverages all day, every day (in company Corporate offices, a catered breakfast is served every weekday morning).
We believe collaborative, open-plan office space brings together talented, like-minded support engineers who enjoy taking advantage of our weekly Tech Talks, playing games, and hanging out.
- Manage the workflow and ownership of knowledge base content
- Editing and Curating Knowledge Articles will cover 80% of your time
- Author and publish knowledge base articles and iterate on a regular basis
- Manage existing content to ensure it remains accurate and up to date
- Pair with other writers, engineers or Operations Team Members. Join the daily stand-ups with the Support and KB Team.
- Contribute to projects that improve the user experience, provide opportunities for customer self-service, and engineer effectiveness
- BA or BS degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, System Administration, Technical Writing or a related field
- Two years minimum work experience in working as a technical writer,Communication Writer, Content Writer, API writer, technical editor, knowledge manager, content manager, or related position, preferably in the software industry
- Demonstrated ability to work through ambiguity to detailed solutions.You can take a vague problem, crisply frame the challenge, identify a path forward, and drive an initiative over the finish line.
- Strong communication skills, both verbal and written
- Open Source, CMS, and GitHub knowledge
- Basic understanding of Cloud Native, SaaS, and/or IaaS
- Proofreading and editing experience with meticulous attention to detail
- Ability to multitask short-term and long-term goals and objectives
- Experience of working with Service Cloud and/or Knowledge Centred Support environments
- Broad technical understanding of database technologies and Cloud applications/infrastructure
- Ability to adapt to changing schedules and priorities in a fast-paced dynamic environment
Palo Alto, CA
United States of America
Information Technology / IT - Support
Folder Group ID
Apply for this Position
Job Title: Knowledge Content Author/Editor
Location: Palo Alto, CA
Job Type: Temp Position
Reference ID: 357510
Posted Date: 2/25/2019