Automated Vehicle Controls Engineer - Southfield, MI
Automated Vehicle Controls Engineer
Job Duties - Research and apply new technologies for connected and automated vehicles:
- Build connected and automated concepts in vehicles and demonstrate them in company internal and external events.
- Develop novel algorithms and applications for connected and automated vehicle research both in-lab and in-vehicle.
- Hands-on integration of robotics software technology into vehicle build.
- Assist other team members in their application development and vehicle testing activities.
- Conduct test drives for tuning or debugging.
- Perform vehicle retrofits with new technologies, electrical wiring including soldering and harness routing, mechanical installation, and control.
- Join in internal/external brainstorming meetings to generate new application ideas.
- Collaborate with industry consortiums, universities, or internal departments.
Required Qualifications - Minimum - ALL of the following:
- M.S. in electrical engineering/control engineering or equivalent.
- 1+ years of experience in automotive industry
- Vehicle control modelling experience.
- Expert in C/C++, Matlab Simulink and dSpace.
- Experience in vehicular communication networks such as CAN and LIN.
- Linux knowledge.
- Design, implement, and fine-tune real-time control algorithms to perform steering, throttle, and brake tasks for various self-driving driving vehicles.
- Conduct independent control architecture evaluation, dynamic modeling, estimation and control system analysis.
- Ph.D. with emphasis on Vehicle Control/Sensor-Fusion.
- 3+ years of experience in automotive industry
- Python and/or ROS experience.
- Experience in interfacing with and data processing of vehicle sensors, Radar, LIDAR, V2X, Camera etc.
- Driver assist/automated driving applications prototyping experience.
- Have a passion to create and try new ideas.
- Accept some travel and long hours on occasion.
- Able to take higher level requests and ideas to completion independently.
- Effective communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Able to work cooperatively with others.
- Comfortable working in a multicultural environment.
- Connected and Automated Vehicles, C/C++, Simulink, Control, Networked Control System, Constrained Control, ROS, Python, Linux, dSpace, self-driving vehicle, autonomous vehicle, ADAS
United States of America
Online / Full App
Folder Group ID
Apply for this Position
Job Title: Automated Vehicle Controls Engineer
Location: Southfield, MI
Job Type: Temp Position
Reference ID: 357856
Posted Date: 3/14/2019