Sr. Planner, Demand Forecasting - Fountain Valley, CA
- Collaborate with management to establish strategic KPI’s aligned to external and internal customer organizational priorities
- Develop and administer KPI tracking for forecast accuracy targets
- Develop and administer KPI tracking for inventory deployment targets
- Provide expert level analysis of process or system issues impacting KPI achievements
- Provide regular daily, weekly, and monthly reports measuring performance against objectives / plan
- Support and oversee adhoc report requests of coordinators and executive management
- Support business needs of HMA and KMA dealers, field, regional and HQ staff, affiliated companies, and other MPA customers
- Oversee and develop special programs as needed
- Collaborate with the operations, logistics, customs, warehouse, and distribution teams to ensure proper deployment of inventory
- Manage special projects as needed
- Coordinate with global partners to identify practices and to maximize global supply chain operations
- Responsible for the monthly demand planning process which includes building forecasts, making recommendations, and incorporating historical and market intelligence data into the current forecast.
- Responsible for inventory deployment in a multi-tier network. Manage this process to ensure inventory is deployed from the Central Distribution Center to other warehouses within the network.
- Identify, prioritize, and drive process (or system) improvements aligned to MPA goals and strategies in order to maximize organizational effectiveness.
- Generate KPIs reports to ensure effective communication of performance against objectives for internal customers, external customers, and executive management. Help to develop forecast accuracy KPIs using the MAPE, SMAPE, MAD, or other measurement.
- Develop, review, document, and maintain standard operating procedures (SOPs). Collaborate with leadership on auditing adherence to SOP’s. 10%
- Minimal overnight travel (up to 10%) by land and/or air.
- Problem solving will involve highly complex issues involving many levels of personnel from OEM Headquarter and internal departments. This position requires extensive job experience and strong interpersonal skills in order to effectively communication requirements.
- Bachelors/Business, Required
- Masters/Business, Preferred
Additional Education Requirements
- Undergraduate degree in Business, Statistics, Supply Chain, Mathematics, or other appropriate field.
- Graduate degree in business preferred.
- 4-6 years Operations - Logistics Required
Additional Experience Requirements
- 4 - 6 or more years of progressively demonstrated and broadening, highly successful experience in Forecasting, Demand Planning, and Inventory Deployment in a sophisticated, disciplined manufacturing and/or distribution environments
- Demonstrated ability to identify problems/issues, recommend appropriate solutions, and follow-up to ensure positive results is required
- Experience with a forecasting software implementation and forecast algorithms such as Croston’s, Holt-Winter’s, Lewandowski models is a differentiator
Additional Certification Requirements
- Relevant professional certification (CPIM, APICS, CPM, etc.) is highly preferred
- Use of intermediate computer operations (programming in relational databases)
- Position requires candidate to monitor multiple functions, reports, and departments at the same time.
- Prioritization of projects and customers to the benefit of OEM is paramount.
- High research and product development knowledge are also required.
- Strong analytical, numerical and problem-solving skills required
- Outstanding oral and written communication skills
- Strong statistical forecasting experience required
- SQL query experience preferred
- APICS training or certification preferred
- Thorough understanding of complex inventory management software
- Proficient in MS Windows, Word, Excel, Access, and PowerPoint software
- Well versed background in Supply Chain Management
Fountain Valley, CA
United States of America
Engineering / Engineering
Folder Group ID
Apply for this Position
Job Title: Sr. Planner, Demand Forecasting
Location: Fountain Valley, CA
Job Type: Temp Position
Reference ID: 357881
Posted Date: 2/28/2019