Product Design Researcher - Long Beach, CA
Product Design Researcher
- We are an entrepreneurial, hands-on think tank using a human-centered approach to drive radical innovation.
- Our mission is to create a future world inspired by mobility.
- Focusing on the human experience, we explore latent needs and translate them into demonstrable market value.
- Our flexible, collaborative work environment provides opportunities to learn and grow every day.
- We are seeking a highly motivated and experienced researcher to join our diverse team.
- You will be challenged to exceed conventional thinking using experimental approaches coupled with critical thinking and self-driven goal-setting.
- Employ a human-centered perspective to explore a diverse range of behaviors, attitudes and mindsets to develop a deep understanding of emerging needs that will instigate the creation of novel mobility solutions (products, services and business models).
- Execute research. Design, plan and conduct face-to-face engagements using human-centered principles to uncover latent needs.
- Analyze findings. Lead the processing of research materials, synthesis of insights, preparation and communication of research reports.
- Explore new processes and frameworks. Seek and create new methods that enable the discovery of latent needs, including development of best practices.
- Craft compelling stories. Collaborate with colleagues and outside partners to translate insights into provoking stories and potent strategies for innovative products and services.
- Employ a flexible mindset. Work on multiple parallel projects, in various roles, in a non-hierarchical fast-paced environment. Be willing to try, fail and adapt in a quick cycle.
- An experienced professional possessing an inquisitive nature and the self-confidence to experiment in approach and method to explore and uncover peoples latent needs.
- Seasoned research expert with 5+ years of practical work experience in the field of design research or human-centered research.
- Project Management experience including directing external agencies and translating project objectives into requirements and tasks for those agencies.
- Ability to see the big picture and balance that vision with a detail-oriented, organized delivery-oriented approach.
- Experience working in a variety of industries preferred.
Long Beach, CA
United States of America
Online / Full App
Folder Group ID
Apply for this Position
Job Title: Product Design Researcher
Location: Long Beach, CA
Job Type: Temp Position
Reference ID: 357974
Posted Date: 3/14/2019