Automation Controls Engineer - Auburn Hills, MI
Automation Controls Engineer will drive the selection, creation and implementation of all new Automation projects.
- Develop and deploy efficient interface solutions between the industrial IT applications (MES, TCO, MRP) and the equipment PLC, insuring robust data flow strategy.
- Analyze the gaps and opportunities to automate further our production sites towards Industry 4.0.
- Propose improvement of the processes, means and PLC program implementations.
- Responsible for control systems planning and implementation into production and/or changes to the manufacturing processes
- Develops plans for new products including manufacturing technologies and available alternatives, investment requirements
- Responsible for final approval of equipment control systems and turnover of projects to manufacturing/production
- Review machine takt times and evaluate capability to meet takt times. Implement corrective actions when takt times not achieved
- Coordinate with Maintenance to minimize down-time. Coach and teach Maintenance personnel in control systems technology
- Train appropriate personnel on new processes, process improvements, failsafe features, program changes.
- Follow procedures and corrective action assignments as required to eliminate or reduce PPM's or improve PPH
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering or Technical specialty
- 5-7+ years automotive manufacturing experience
- Must have thorough knowledge of PLC Programming (Siemens highly preferred) and Computer Applications
- Must have in-depth knowledge of manufacturing control systems including PLC's, robotics and computer applications, assembly techniques, FMEA
- Must be capable of working without supervision and with a wide variety of people from the shop floor to senior managers, vendors, suppliers
- Experience with PLC's for process flows, welding, assembly, staking equipment
- Travel up to 50% of the time
Auburn Hills, MI
United States of America
Engineering / Engineering
Direct Hire Position
Folder Group ID
Apply for this Position
Job Title: Automation Controls Engineer
Location: Auburn Hills, MI
Job Type: Direct Hire Position
Reference ID: 357995
Posted Date: 3/1/2019