Buyer - Cockeysville, MD
6 Month Contract position.
- Initiates purchase orders and amendments for parts, services and/or special tools; arranges for submission and inspection of sample products as required; maintains close coordination with programs/engineering to ensure timely receipt of product and services sourcing activities.
- Secures and analyzes quotations, negotiates prices and terms with suppliers, and recommends suppliers with respect to cost, quality and delivery competitiveness for assigned responsibilities.
- Helps coordinate as appropriate quality matters and engineering changes/developments between company activities and suppliers.
- Works with Production Control, Engineering, Accounting, and Quality departments.
- Creates reports for cost savings for non-production items as requested.
- Source supplies and negotiate vendor contracts resulting in total cost reductions, quality of products, and on-time delivery.
- Maintain records of goods and materials ordered within ERP system
- Compare product deliveries with issued purchase orders and follow up with vendors for discrepancies.
Bachelor’s degree in Business or Supply Chain Management preferred. Equivalent work experience in lieu of a degree required.
- Experience in an Aerospace/Defense materials purchasing department or manufacturing industry preferred.
- 2-3 years’ experience in a Buyer or Purchasing Agent role required.
- 1-2 years working with an Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP)/Purchasing system.
- Experience in identifying new suppliers and new technology as appropriate to support product plans and current production.
- Strong skills in the use of Word, Excel or similar computer applications in a Windows environment.
- High level of competence in written and oral communication skills, analytical problem solving, decisiveness, and planning is required.
United States of America
Engineering / Engineering
Folder Group ID
Apply for this Position
Job Title: Buyer
Location: Cockeysville, MD
Job Type: Temp Position
Reference ID: 358155
Posted Date: 3/4/2019