Plant Supplier Quality Engineer - Sterling Heights, MI
The Current Supplier Quality Engineer will be responsible for the top problem resolution with external suppliers, yard hold activities, and supplier improvement processes through the use of Kaizen activity and 8D management systems for current issues. Speed to containment, root cause, and corrective action. Lead problem solving activities with Engineering, Manufacturing, and Purchasing, as well as supplier organizations. Participate and present status updates and articulate issues in cross-functional team meetings and reviews. Travel will be required to supplier and other Chrysler locations in the U.S. and Canada (approximately
- Bachelor of Science in Engineering required from an ABET accredited university.
- Electrical Engineering is highly preferred, Mechanical Engineering is acceptable, must have minimum 5 years automotive electrical work experience in Quality, Engineering, Production, or Manufacturing.
- Must be able to Investigate purchase part quality issues at the plant location.
- Support the non-confirming purchased parts activities.
- MUST BE ABLE TO WORK split shift support (12PM until 10 PM or something similar) weekend work support on occasion with potential overtime.
- Proven ability to manage multiple projects and tasks
- Effective written and verbal communication skills
- Proficient interpersonal skills and the ability to work effectively in a cross-functional team
- Proficient in using Microsoft Office Suite software
- Creative problem solving ability and a results orientation
- Comfortable with complex technical analysis
- May be required to drive a company car.
- Valid drivers license is required as well as a clean driving record.
- May be required to travel internationally 10%
- Will be required to travel domestically 20-40%
Sterling Heights, MI
United States of America
Online / Full App
Folder Group ID
Apply for this Position
Job Title: Plant Supplier Quality Engineer
Location: Sterling Heights, MI
Job Type: Temp Position
Reference ID: 358225
Posted Date: 3/13/2019