Chassis - Systems & Components Component Cost Engineer - Auburn Hills, MI
- Individual is responsible for component cost throughout program life for assigned commodities (setting piece cost and investment targets, negotiation support for new business placement and design changes).
- Working from BOM, drawings and/or samples the individual must be able to develop technical cost and investment/tooling models for Chassis components and systems using activity based costing methodologies.
- Individual provides subject matter expertise to support engineering and purchasing at working levels and to executive leadership.
- Individual must be curious, persistent and innovative.
- Individual must have the ability to analyze supplier quotes and reach agreement on appropriate piece cost and tooling cost using activity based costing.
- Individual must have understanding of elements of piece cost and investment for various manufacturing processing typical for the production of assigned commodities.
- Individual must work with the Chassis Tooling/Process cost Engineer.
- The Chassis Tooling/Process cost Engineer is responsible for approval of tooling in OEM System and Asset Verification of tooling after tooling has been built.
- Bachelor Degree in Engineering Preferred.
- Must have 3-5 years of related experience in costing with Brake components e.g. Calipers, Rotors, bearings castings, machining, forgings. MS Office and Google Suite proficient.
- Excellent communication skills (oral & written).
- Activity based costing experience.
- Occasional day trips with possible overnight travel are required, potential international travel.
- Team Center proficient
- May be required to drive a company car.
- Valid drivers license is required as well as a clean driving record.
- May be required to travel domestically and internationally (Canada) 20%
Auburn Hills, MI
United States of America
Online / Full App
Folder Group ID
Apply for this Position
Job Title: Chassis - Systems & Components Component Cost Engineer
Location: Auburn Hills, MI
Job Type: Temp Position
Reference ID: 358259
Posted Date: 3/13/2019