MS SQL Server DBA - Charlotte, NC
Exciting 12-24 month contract opportunity for an MS SQL Server DBA with our Fortune 100 Financial Services client in Charlotte or Minneapolis. This position provides senior level capabilities relative to database administration for our client. The ideal candidate will have at least 10+ years of database design and administration experience. This position will act as Subject Matter Expert for our client’s team of senior engineers.
Imagine everything that you could learn to advance your career while working at a Fortune 100 company with around $2.0 trillion in assets. This position seeks talented candidates who will put the customer at the center of everything they do. Inquire about this opportunity and you could end up on a diverse and inclusive team where you’ll not only be valued but feel inspired to give your all to get the job done.
This position provides senior level capabilities relative to database administration for our client.
- Provides the highest technical expertise for the planning, analysis, design, implementation, maintenance, and control of the organization's server-class databases.
- Handles and leads the most complex or critical data/ database management initiatives that typically involve multiple disciplines and multiple business groups, including responsibility for database architecture, design, integration, and/or data modeling.
- As the recognized technical expert, consults extensively with multiple client groups to provide strategic solutions, influencing long-range internal and enterprise-level data/ database architecture and management strategies.
- Serves as a consultant on technological advancements.
- Provides oversight, mentoring and leadership to less experienced staff.
- May represent the organization as an external spokesperson.
- 10+ years database design and administration experience
- Architecting SQL server solutions
- Database Infrastructure Architect
- Scripting Language:
- Knowledge of a programming language.
- Ability to read and understand program logic to diagnose.
- Understand current DBA maintenance processes.
- Mirroring and replication
- "Always On" technology
- Log shipping
- Multiple versions of SQL Server
- Supporting Clustered Servers
- Tuning and problem solving
- Database upgrades/patching
- Disaster Recovery
- Strong analytical skills with high attention to detail and accuracy.
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills.
- Self- starter, motivated
- Leadership experience
United States of America
Online / Full App
Folder Group ID
Apply for this Position
Job Title: MS SQL Server DBA
Location: Charlotte, NC
Job Type: Temp Position
Reference ID: 358331
Posted Date: 3/6/2019