Project Control Engineer - Houston, TX
- Our client delivers innovative gas solutions and technologies to a wide range of customers with capabilities in industrial gas production, supply gas modes, and specialty gases and advanced precursor materials since 1902.
- Our client owns and operates more than 140 industrial production facilities throughout the US.
- This position will sit in West Houston (Memorial City area) and is classified as contract to hire.
Your Role with the Company:
The Project Control Engineer selected for this opportunity will be responsible for scheduling, cost engineering, and reporting for project(s) in execution which range from 30 to 200m$. This position will report operationally to Project Managers/Project Directors and functionally to the head of project controls department.
Responsibilities for the Project Control Engineer include:
- Implement appropriate scheduling and progress measurement processes for capital projects following CIAm guidelines and procedures.
- Develop baseline schedule with all project stakeholders (CIAm, E&C, Alliance Partners, Suppliers, Contractors, etc), using, to a maximum extent, resources and/or quantities loading
- Define for each project WBS and the associated progress measurement procedure
- Review and analyze subcontractors’ schedule updates and adherence to their initial plan. Understand and challenge the deviations.
- Collect and validate the physical progress from the various project stakeholders - Update the associated S-Curves
- Coordinate with all parties to update the master project schedule on regular basis, both actual and forecast dates
- Analyze critical path(s), schedule variances, progress trends and allocation of resources
- Produce KPIs such as labor productivity, procurement pace, erection quantities, etc.
- If any, analyze subcontractors’ claims for delay and associated mitigation / recovery plans
- Implement appropriate cost engineering processes for capital projects following CIAm guidelines and procedures.
- Develop and maintain cost baseline and forecast for a portfolio of projects in accordance with the defined cost breakdown structure
- Responsible to control and monitor project total expenditure - Define cash flow forecasts
- Analyze all additional charges or claims from suppliers, vendors and subcontractors to ensure that all potential project expenditures are captured and properly recorded.
- Coordinate with Business Controls for cost reconciliations.
- Update and maintain quantity register for ongoing projects.
- Management of project contingencies.
- Collaborate with Project Manager to issue Project Management Report on monthly basis (cost / schedule actual and forecast, milestones, trends, risks and contingencies)
- Attend project review meeting and discussions with the PMT.
- Actively contribute in development and global support of cost management and bench marking tools as well as continuous improvement initiatives.
- Collaborate with Project Development to provide feedbacks, lessons learnt and benchmarks in order to support the estimating of future projects
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering or a related field.
- A minimum of 7-10 years’ experience in scheduling or project control in petrochemicals, oil & gas, mining, infrastructure, or nuclear industry.
- Ability to work effectively on multiple projects with competing priorities and deadlines
- Strong analytical & organization skills with excellent attention to detail.
- Ensure confidentiality and uses discretion in work-related matters
- Strong written and verbal communication skills including presentation delivery to large / small group
- Expert in Primavera P6
- Good to advanced knowledge of PRISM
- Experience with Oracle R12 and SAP is an added value
The opportunity being presented is contract to hire, with the contract time frame expected to exceed 12 months before transition to direct. Medical, Dental, Vision benefits will be available to contractors 30 days following the start of their assignment.
United States of America
Legal/Compliance/Finance / Accounting
Folder Group ID
Apply for this Position
Job Title: Project Control Engineer
Location: Houston, TX
Job Type: Temp Position
Reference ID: 358641
Posted Date: 3/7/2019