Accounts Payable - Grand Rapids, MI
We are currently seeking an Accounts Payable Accountant for a 6-month (possible extension or permanent) contractual opportunity with our client in Grand Rapids, MI. The candidate will be utilizing two different ERP systems (Impresa and Infour Visual). He/she will also be handling research, obtaining invoice approvals, etc.
The Accounts Payable Accountant will work with minimal supervision performing accounting duties to record, classify, examine, and analyze accounting transactions to ensure accurate and complete financial information. Duties include:
- Review expense reports and vendor invoices for adherence to company policies, FAR regulations, and project requirements. Post to the sub ledger as appropriate.
- Must support expense reports and vendor invoices with proper documentation.
- Maintain accurate filing system in compliance with company and SOX requirements, and for ease of reference.
- Ensure all expense reports and vendor invoices are posted to correct accounts in the accounting system.
- Monitor and reconcile A/P Aging to General Ledger.
- Promptly research and resolve issues related to vendor invoices and employee expense reports.
- Manage Sales and Usage Tax reports.
- Effectively communicate with other departments, vendors, and employees regarding invoices and expense reports.
- Support month end closing process, including account reconciliations related to roles and responsibilities.
- Responsible for SOX requirements related to role and responsibilities.
- Responsible for assisting with financial audits.
- Responsible for preparing specialized reports and analysis.
- Apply an understanding of accounting principles in the analysis of financial data.
- Evaluate multiple source data, applying financial and accounting principles and techniques, industry, business, professional, government and company standards.
- Maintain up-to-date knowledge of relevant discipline(s), industry practices, trends, and applications.
- Perform additional related assignments as needed.
- Experience in coding vendor invoices and employee expense reports for a government contractor.
- Experience reconciling aging A/P to GL.
- BA degree in Accounting, Finance, or related field or comparative experience.
- Intermediate to advanced Microsoft Excel skills.
- Ability to maintain a high level of accuracy in preparing and entering financial information into systems.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality concerning financial information and vendor files.
- Team player with the ability to multi-task and to deploy where needed.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, and ability to meet deadlines.
- Sound interpersonal skills used when interfacing, coordinating, and negotiating with company personnel, customers, and suppliers.
- Ability to exercise discretion using sound judgment while complying with policies, procedures, appropriate principles and applicable state and federal laws and regulations.
- Self-motivated with the ability to work in a fast-paced environment with a team that strives for excellence.
- Excellent planning, time management and organization skills.
- Attention to detail and high level of accuracy.
- Infor Visual experience a plus
Grand Rapids, MI
United States of America
Online / Full App
Folder Group ID
Apply for this Position
Job Title: Accounts Payable
Location: Grand Rapids, MI
Job Type: Temp Position
Reference ID: 358857
Posted Date: 3/11/2019