IP & Systems Engineer - Tulsa, OK
IP & Systems Engineer
One of the world’s largest communication companies, our client has an opening for a seasoned IP and Systems Engineer for am 8+ month contract opportunity in Tulsa, OK.
The ideal candidate should have a basic understanding of IP Network functions such as MPLS, Internet, Ethernet, and Managed Services signal flow. Performs tasks associated with the maintenance, installation and change of company IP network services. With an understanding of telecommunications, the Technician I will be responsible for implementing, troubleshooting, managing, and correcting Customer and Network Service issues.
Imagine everything that you could learn to advance your career while working at a global communication and IT services company focused on connecting people to the power of the digital world. This position seeks talented candidates who will put the customer at the center of everything they do. Inquire about this opportunity and you could end up on a diverse and inclusive team where you’ll not only be valued but feel inspired to give your all to get the job done.
- Analyzes and develops solution for failures and outages and coordinates the repair efforts of networking
- Performs both internal and external escalations on all hardware and software failures and all data related outages.
- Maintains and supports IP infrastructure. Update all systems and databases with careful attention to detail.
- Maintains a commitment to safe practices and holds others equally accountable.
- Processes new activations, disconnects, coordinate and perform lower complexity migrations with some oversight.
- Remains current on the latest data network technology through completion of required/recommended training and reading material.
- Operate in multiple systems and databases as required.
- Exposure to Network Design (LAN, WAN and ISP) and Troubleshooting
- Fundamental knowledge of all Ethernet Topologies
- Fundamental knowledge of Routing Protocols and Hardware Platforms to include:
Layer 2 and 3 Hardware and Software plus
- CCNA Certification
- Fundamental knowledge of OSI model
- Working knowledge of IP
- Classless Inter-Domain Routing (CIDR)
United States of America
Online / Full App
Folder Group ID
Apply for this Position
Job Title: IP & Systems Engineer
Location: Tulsa, OK
Job Type: Temp Position
Reference ID: 359182
Posted Date: 3/15/2019