Hardware/Firmware Engineer - Cockeysville, MD
Job Title: Hardware / Firmware Engineer
Job Location: Hunt Valley, MD
Salary Range: Up to 65-$75,000
- We currently have a Permanent (Direct Hire) opening in Hunt Valley, MD for a Hardware / Firmware Engineer to do hardware and firmware design and implementation of embedded solutions.
- Hardware and firmware design and implementation of embedded solutions.
- Hands-on development and integration of new systems, such as directed energy batteries for defense applications, and future development of solid state batteries.
- Programming of PC-based GUI tools to support customer evaluation, testing, and troubleshooting of batteries and battery system electronics.
- Troubleshooting of system level firmware and hardware problems and new products, including analog, and some digital, circuit board design and schematic layouts.
- Future responsibilities will include support for software engineering, specifically designing, implementing, testing, and maintaining software for battery systems.
- Coordinating with vendors for sourcing materials and pricing.
- Occasional interaction with clients for development meetings.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Engineering (or Electrical Engineering, Computer Science, etc.).
- Between 1 - 3 years of experience with embedded systems development, to include electrical and/or software engineering.
- Developing products utilizing: microprocessors/microcontrollers, embedded systems, hardware design, firmware, sensors, electro-mechanical systems, and design for electronics manufacturing.
- Proficient in embedded hardware design for PCB (Printed Circuit Board) layout.
- Experience with C# programming.
- Familiarity with multiple microcontrollers (primarily Freescale.)
- Well-versed in C/C++ programming.
- Proficient in Visual Basic GUI.
- Experience with Microsoft Visio.
- PCB design tools, such as OrCAD Design Suite.
- Experience utilizing version control systems, such as Tortoise SVN.
- Experience with DoD and community standards for software engineering and design may be helpful, but not necessary.
United States of America
Engineering / Engineering
Direct Hire Position
Folder Group ID
Apply for this Position
Job Title: Hardware/Firmware Engineer
Location: Cockeysville, MD
Job Type: Direct Hire Position
Reference ID: 359248
Posted Date: 3/13/2019