Software Engineer - Cockeysville, MD
Responsible for the development of algorithms for power charge, health or any other relevant information on batteries. These algorithms are intended to be embedded in the BMS. Use existing or future cell characterizations to refine and develop software. Collaborate with the hardware (HW) development team to identify the best compromise between the software performance requirements and the HW impacts. Collaborate with the test and validation team to test and assure software/algorithms performance on all the application projects. Develop or modify existing Graphical User Interface software used to communicate with the embedded BMS. Document algorithm/software architecture, interfaces, performance and validation results. Provides expertise and leadership in software design and analysis, support of technical issues, and review of designs and documentation. Provide technical support for pre-project quotations and existing customers. C and C++ programming language skills is a must.
- Follows the software design through design reviews, problem solving execution, analytical support, design process, and design tools.
- Assists in developing and modifying software by coding, testing, debugging and documenting existing programs.
· Assists with solving problems with existing software systems.
- A Bachelor’s degree in Computer Engineering (or Electrical Engineering, Computer Science, etc.).
- Between 1 - 5 years of experience with embedded systems development, to include electrical and/or software engineering.
- Developing products utilizing: microprocessors/microcontrollers, embedded systems, hardware design, firmware.
- Embedded hardware design for PCB (Printed Circuit Board) layout.
- C/C++ programming languages
United States of America
Engineering / Engineering
Direct Hire Position
Folder Group ID
Apply for this Position
Job Title: Software Engineer
Location: Cockeysville, MD
Job Type: Direct Hire Position
Reference ID: 359254
Posted Date: 3/12/2019