IT Customer Support Representative - Canton, NY
One of the world’s leaders in materials science, our client has an opening for an IT Customer Support Representative to work onsite in Canton through the end of the year (with possible extension.) Imagine everything that you could learn to advance your career while working at a company with a 166–year track record of creating life-changing inventions. This position seeks talented candidates who will put the customer at the center of everything they do. Inquire about this opportunity and you could end up on a diverse and inclusive team where you’ll not only be valued but feel inspired to give your all to get the job done.
- Responsible for screening, referring, and diagnosing internal inquires and work requests.
• Substantial acquaintance with, and understanding of, general aspects of the job with a limited understanding of the technical phases of the job.
• Implements standard procedures and proposes modifications to improve work flow.
• Recognizes when process is deviating from acceptable standards and can implement routine solutions to ensure return to standards.
• Obtains supervisory input to resolve new types of problems. • General supervision with initial instruction on procedures.
• Gives periodic status reports in written and verbal formats. • Gathers information independently using established and well-defined procedures.
• Trains new personnel to established procedures.
• Takes initiative to identify and propose remedies to problems to increase efficient workflow.
• Uses discretion to direct workflow in accordance with general supervisory guidance.
• Errors can be detected and corrected with relatively minor effect on the organization.
• Contributions influence tasks and small project outcomes. • Accuracy and reliability of work is important to utility of contributions.
• Contacts are typically with individuals within the organization.
• Actively negotiates work assignments with peers.
• Occasionally contacts sources outside the organization to obtain or provide information requiring some interpretation.
Associates degree in IT related field is required. Bachelors degree is preferred.
United States of America
Online / Full App
Folder Group ID
Apply for this Position
Job Title: IT Customer Support Representative
Location: Canton, NY
Job Type: Temp Position
Reference ID: 359360
Posted Date: 3/13/2019