Electrical Designer - San Jose, CA
Advantage Resourcing is seeking an Electrical Designer for our client located in San Jose, CA.
• A fully competent engineer/designer with experience in distribution design, preferably with Professional Electrical Engineer’s license. Must be comfortable reviewing documents for compliance and quality control. Plans and conducts work requiring judgement and evaluation, selection, and adaptation or modification of standard techniques, procedures, and criteria. Devises new approach to problems. Receives technical guidance on unusual or complex problems and supervisory approval for projects. Opportunities to supervise a few engineers or technicians on assigned work.
• Supervise or coordinate the work of other designers and CAD drafters
• Perform progressively independent design of overhead and underground utility HV and MV systems
• Perform design tasks assigned by Designers or Engineers
• Markup of the electrical of overhead and underground utility HV and MV systems/ preparation of drawings
• Assemble design drawings and documents and provide or coordinate delivery
• Perform broad range of engineering calculations - and use of software tools
• Coordinates portions of design effort and coordination of project scope requirements
• Detailed analysis of Overhead line design and ability to calculate pole moments.
• Understand contract documents, including drawings, specifications, etc.
• Proficient use and ability to utilize utility design suites (FFE, O-Calc, utility internal CAD standards, etc) preferred.
• Perform engineering calculations - develop
• Increased interaction with Project manager, external design team and information management
• Maintain professional and technical development goals to acquire PE certification, if not already certified
• Mentor Designers
• Obtain Professional Development and Training
• Thorough understanding of the Engineering department's design and CAD/BIM workflows
• Thorough understanding of our client’s inter-department functions
• Thorough proficient use of AutoCAD - MEP/REVIT, CAD and file management
• Thorough proficient understanding of fundamental utility electrical systems
• Thorough understanding of the various Utility standards, State codes and National codes governing our work
• Provide Conformance to the Standards and processes outlined by the CAD/BIM Manager
• Electrical Engineering or similar Bachelor of Science degree
• Minimum 2-3 years working on Electrical Utility Distribution, Substation, or Transmission projects in the MV and or HV capacity.
• Basic Microsoft Office applications, AutoCAD - MEP/REVIT - Etap/SKM (desired) Osmose O-calc (desired)
• Competent time management, resource management, communication and people skills
• FE (EIT) Engineer In Training State of California, required.
• General utility design and engineering concepts. Ability to lay out joint trench, understand utility standards, drawings and specifications. General knowledge of utility design.