Controls Technician - Wilmington, NC
One of the world’s leaders in materials science, our client has an opening for a Controls Technician to work on a team at our client site in Wilmington, NC. Imagine everything that you could learn to advance your career while working at a company with a 166–year track record of creating life-changing inventions. This position seeks talented candidates who will put the customer at the center of everything they do. Inquire about this opportunity and you could end up on a diverse and inclusive team where you’ll not only be valued but feel inspired to give your all to get the job done.The manager is not looking for candidates who have installed PLC or even programmed, but candidates who have opened up the code and use the code to troubleshoot.
Purpose of the Position: Provides first and second level troubleshooting of equipment/process issues in the department. Works hands-on with manufacturing equipment and activities. Identifies and supports process improvements. Uses judgment, experience and initiative to resolve problems and make recommendations.
Day to Day Responsibilities:
• Provide first and second level troubleshooting of equipment/process issues
• Receive training from engineering in technical SME (Subject Matter Expert) areas, on new processes/equipment and/or on procedural changes
• Serve as a SME in specific technical areas to minimize engineering production support requirements
• Develop/maintain a system to keep production teams current on process, equipment and procedures
• Work with support groups and production teams to coordinate and direct equipment start-up, repair, troubleshooting, and process changes
• Preventive Maintenance support
• Help department achieve safety and Lean goals
• Receive training in new processes/equipment and/or procedure changes from engineering
• Provide technical training for associates
Education & Experience: Two year electrical/mechanical technical degree preferred (Will consider experienced candidates with demonstrated skills).
No Degree - 5-7 years of work experience.
2 year degree - 3+ years of work experience.
4 year degree - 2+ years of experience.
• Need electrical background and experience
• Candidates should have some PLC knowledge. PLC programming is not required, but any higher level PLC experience will be a strong qualifier.
• Experience troubleshooting electrical circuits.
• Good process and equipment troubleshooting skills
• Mechanically and Electrically inclined (aptitude for both)
• Ability to handle/prioritize multiple tasks as necessary
• Good written and verbal communication skills (detailed oriented)
• Ability to train effectively
• PC proficient (Excel, Word, SharePoint, Passdown)
• Willing to act as a motivator and role model for the shift
• Controlled response in emergency situations
Hours of Work/Schedule/Flex Time: Mon - Fri 8 hrs/day (Some OT/Weekend work will be required)
On-call support every 6-8 weeks
• Capable of using Diagnostic equipment
• Basic understanding of PLC
• PC - Data Analysis (PI, etc.)
• Electrical test equipment
United States of America
Online / Full App
Folder Group ID
Apply for this Position
Job Title: Controls Technician
Location: Wilmington, NC
Job Type: Temp Position
Reference ID: 359628
Posted Date: 3/15/2019