Japanese Bilingual Product Planner, Technical Communication - Torrance, CA
JOB TITLE: Japanese Bilingual Product Planner, Technical Communication
A global top electronics company by the market capitalization is looking for a Product Planner, Technical Communication (Car Electronics) who acts as the direct communication link between the company’s Product Designing Department (Japan) and the external technology partners in the product development of new technology-driven products and provides support and technical communication assistance to the company’s global product planning team, including: gathering market requirements, working closely with development leads and partners, developing and maintaining key partnerships, and delivering products that are valuable, feasible and compelling to consumers. Product Planning, Technical Communication uses highly developed analytical skills to assist the company’s Engineering professional in Japan to develop products that meet the company’s business needs, reconcile those needs with the satisfaction of company’s technology partners and customers and fuel future business growth.
Essential Job Duties (Not Official, please ask the interviewer for more details)
- Manage communication interface with external technology partners such as Google, Apple etc. to ensure relevant engineering implementation etc. of technical requirements and specifications.
- Conduct market research of technology trends in the North American markets. Analyze research data and prepare detailed reports for presentation to the company’s Product Planning team in Japan for use in future product planning activities.
- Facilitate technical discussions among engineers, product, and sales teams.
- Support technical communication with local technology partners (Google, Apple, etc.) in connection with product certification
- Support marketing activities for global market
(Education) AA degree from an accredited vocational, technical or junior college institution with a focus in Marketing or Engineering
(Experience) 3-6 years of working experience in car electronics/ mobile electronics
(Experience) Experience in software development (embedded mi-com software, etc.) preferred but not required.
(Skill) Fluency in oral and written Japanese required
(Skill) Software programs, including Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
(Travel) Able to attend Occasional travel (less than 30% of the time: Domestics, International)
United States of America
Japanese / Japanese
Direct Hire Position
Folder Group ID
Apply for this Position
Job Title: Japanese Bilingual Product Planner, Technical Communication
Location: Torrance, CA
Job Type: Direct Hire Position
Reference ID: 360216
Posted Date: 3/20/2019