Printer Support Technician - Roanoke, VA
This customer facing, non-exempt printer/pc field position provides onsite, dedicated hardware support and related services to a Print Product customer. Products include A3 Color Laserjet, Officejets and Page Wide, laptops, desktops and All in One’s. A fast paced, constantly changing environment that requires positive approaches and demonstrated success at handling multiple stressors. Candidates must be self-contained, resourceful, organize and determined for success.
• Provide troubleshooting for Device problems or perform spare Device replacements;
• Provide break/fix support on Devices
• Install devices
• Perform maintenance on Devices
• Provide end-user training
Demonstrated core competencies of success in this position are:
• Strong mechanical aptitude, working with tools and various alignment apparatus.
• Alignment with customer’s business needs while maintaining contractual commitments.
• Ability to logically and systemically technically/mechanically troubleshoot various hardware problems on printers. May also involve third party software, networks and switches.
• Ability to balance and prioritize multiple activities and issues.
• Strong interpersonal verbal/written skills. This is critical to relationship building and expectations.
• Attention to detail and commitment to administrative responsibilities.
• Exercise solid business based decision making skills, taking appropriate risk to ensure that both Client's and the customer’s business need are met.
• Independent thinking while adhering to standard technological/mechanical and business procedures.
• Industry/company knowledge that provides solid technology solutions and options to the customer.
• Ability to quickly and accurately evaluate a technical situation while managing the operational challenges.
• Working independently and able to re-prioritize tasks, events and commitments quickly based on contract, customer and business situations. Highly skilled at prioritizing, planning, working independently all within standard policies and business standards.
• Participate in assigned work during non-traditional workdays, holidays and shift work.
• Onsite customer facing experience.
• Technical/mechanical hardware repair experience.
• Demonstrated technical/mechanical aptitude for learning new technology.
• High School diploma or equivalent, plus additional hardware technology training. College preferred.
United States of America
Information Technology / IT - Hardware
Folder Group ID
Apply for this Position
Job Title: Printer Support Technician
Location: Roanoke, VA
Job Type: Temp Position
Reference ID: 360384
Posted Date: 3/25/2019