Systems Engineer - Sterling Heights, MI
Job Title: Principle Systems Engineer
Job Location: York, PA (or) Sterling Heights, MI (Your Choice)
Hourly Rate: $60/hr for the York, PA location / $64/hr for the Sterling Heights, MI location
- We currently have an opening in York, PA or Sterling Heights, MI for a Principle Systems Engineer with DOORS experience to work on a Military Vehicle Program.
- Develop and manage subsystem and component level performance specifications by managing requirements in a requirements repository.
- Create and maintain requirements traceability in the requirements repository.
- Coordinate and facilitate architecture development of assigned system, subsystems, and components.
- Develop and maintain interface requirements and interface design information for assigned sub-system, system and components.
- Coordinate and facilitate formal decisions and trade studies to drive design and document results.
- Support the execution and monitoring of cost, schedule, risk, and Contract Data Requirement List (CDRL) delivery
- Document concept design decisions and support generating System/Subsystem Design Descriptions (SSDDs) and capability assessments.
- Coordinate Systems Engineering (SE) activities within assigned team IPTs and Specialty Engineering POCs to help influence the design.
- Develop and maintain requirements verification and compliance, and supporting artifacts. Provide Systems Engineering input to support vehicle level Systems Engineering activities and program milestone reviews.
- Must have experience with DOORS requirements management tool.
- Experience conducting and documenting complex formal decisions and trade studies
- Have knowledge necessary for requirement derivation, allocation and management.
- Develop and maintain timelines, interfaces, and product structure.
- Have knowledge of review techniques to plan, moderate, and participate in reviews
- Have knowledge of specialty engineering to assess and apply human factors, safety, reliability, maintainability, testability, environmental requirements and guidelines.
- Balance system design considering system usage CONOPS, performance, constraints, and logistics.
- Be able to manage size, weight, power and cost of system.
- Be familiar with preparation of typical artifacts that are required for program milestone reviews.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Experience with military vehicle systems, subsystems, or components, especially vehicle electronics and computing systems.
- Experience with Systems Modeling Language (SysML) methodology and tools.
- Experience with Controller Area Network (CAN) Bus strategies and implementation, and other relevant networks and protocols.
- Must have bachelor degree in relevant field from an accredited university in engineering with the following:
- 6+ Years with BS
- 4+ Years with MS
- 2+ Years with PHD
Sterling Heights, MI
United States of America
Engineering / Engineering
Folder Group ID
Apply for this Position
Job Title: Systems Engineer
Location: Sterling Heights, MI
Job Type: Temp Position
Reference ID: 361164
Posted Date: 3/27/2019