Service Delivery Consultant - Linux SE - Round Rock, TX
Service Delivery Consultant - Linux SE
- 4 years of experience in hands on role.
- Minimum of a Bachelors Degree needed
This is a hands on technical role to design and build Linux virtual machine (VM) using VMWare virtualization and build physical servers using Linux Operating system. As a Service Delivery Consultant you will be involved with the design and deployment of servers (Virtual and Physical) into Dell production and non-production datacenters. The Service Delivery team is tasked with the rapid design and deployment of Linux and Windows server infrastructures for IT applications in the organization’s global datacenters with additional collaborative effort with regional and other technical tower engineering teams and datacenter staff. Works with other IT groups and business units, troubleshooting and resolving technical problems.
Day To Day:
The Service Delivery Consultant will meet with business customers to define and document server platform requirements for scalability, high availability, and disaster recoverability, as well as desired performance characteristics. From there, the Service Delivery Consultant will translate these requirements into hardware specifications and lead the effort to implement infrastructures for development, testing and production applications. Always advocate private cloud first strategy when designing and proposing a solution.
The Service Delivery Consultant is expected be a strong team player and actively participate in a fast-paced and challenging global environment.
- Candidates must be able to work independently and demonstrate good organizational and time management skills.
- The candidate will work closely with the system architect, storage admins and database admins for migration activities and support of virtual machines after migration.
- Provide technical leadership to other members of the team and provide smooth handover to operations teams after successful project execution.
- Speak with application developers as a technical subject matter expert
- Collaborate with Project Managers to ensure projects are scoped and executed successfully.
- Candidate is willing to take on new challenges and work in a fast paced and agile work environment.
- Be open to learning new technologies and approaches and will thrive on new challenges.
- Strong sense of urgency to meet deadlines and achieve results.
In FY20, we have significant amount of Infrastructure delivery for EBIA segment. This contractor Linux SE is needed to work with existing Linux SE in America Time Zone to deliver virtual infrastructure and physical infrastructure as per project plan.
Round Rock, TX
United States of America
Online / Full App
Folder Group ID
Apply for this Position
Job Title: Service Delivery Consultant - Linux SE
Location: Round Rock, TX
Job Type: Temp Position
Reference ID: 361187
Posted Date: 3/27/2019