Quality Engineer - Hickory, NC
One of the world’s leaders in materials science, our client has an opening for an quality engineer to work onsite in Hickory, NC. While this is a 12+ month contract position it has the potential to extend to 24 months.
• 4 year Engineering degree
• 3+ years of experience.
• Quality engineering linkage for cable systems globally.
• Design new and improve existing quality architecture systems (PQA).
• Evaluate the impact of product, process and equipment changes on product attributes and quality architectures.
• Drives early identification of vulnerabilities or quality issues, assigns ownership, and ensures implementation of actions to ensure improvement
• Perform specification and guardband/ risk analysis for standard products and special customer requests
• Ability to work across various functional groups on a daily basis to accomplish goals
• Lead Worldwide quality deployments and customer resolutions
• Work with engineering on Proactive Sustainable Solutions vs. reactive responses
• Support OFC Quality Systems by creating, maintaining, and executing the global strategy
• Facilitate efforts in understanding processes capability and product quality architecture
• Facilitate root cause analysis on products and processes not meeting specified standards and requirements
• Support Quality Assurance in the resolution of customer issues.
• Coordinates and facilitates benchmarking and communication of best practices across the division
• Instills a Quality oriented culture in which everyone feels ownership for Quality and acts accordingly
• Good data collection and analysis skills; basic understanding of statistics and control charts.
• Effective in Project Management
• Structured problem solving skills to drive to root cause (e.g., KT)
• Familiarity with Quality Systems, audits, TL and ISO Certifications or other types of Quality certifications
• Ability to drive projects to closure
• Experience with various statistical packages like SAS and Minitab
• Six Sigma Black or Green Belt or DMAIC project experience.
• Knowledge of Fiber Optic manufacturing process and product attributes.
United States of America
Online / Full App
Folder Group ID
Apply for this Position
Job Title: Quality Engineer
Location: Hickory, NC
Job Type: Temp Position
Reference ID: 361191
Posted Date: 3/28/2019