Research Scientist - Menlo Park, CA
Our clients research concerns development of new drugs for Alzheimer’s disease. In particular, it entails elucidation of the mechanism of action of a drug that simultaneously inhibits inflammation, amyloid ß peptide production, and tau hyperphosphorylation, the three major pathologies in Alzheimer’s disease. The new employee will be responsible for trouble shooting and performing ELISA and Western blot assays of these pathways and their intermediates, as well as maintaining and utilizing cell culture models for the assays.
The requirements for the position are as follows:
- Extensive experience with ELISA and Western blot techniques.
- Extensive experience developing, maintaining, and using cell culture methods.
- At least some experience with protein extraction methods (e.g., columns, immunoprecipitation).
- Experience with other protein assays (e.g., HPLC) would be a plus, but is not required.
- Cell Transfection and Luminex experience highly desired
The research concerns development of new drugs. The new team member will be responsible for trouble shooting and performing ELISA and Western blot assays of pathways and their intermediates, as well as maintaining and utilizing cell culture models for the assays.
If you are interested in applying, please email me at: IBarba (at) advantageresourcing.com, call 408-367-1477, or click the “Apply” button.
Menlo Park, CA
United States of America
Clinical/Scientific / Healthcare - Research
Folder Group ID
Apply for this Position
Job Title: Research Scientist
Location: Menlo Park, CA
Job Type: Temp Position
Reference ID: 361569
Posted Date: 3/28/2019