Quality Assurance Specialist - Irvine, CA
Title: Quality Assurance Specialist
Salary: $24.50/hr ($50,960/yr)
Benefit: Health, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance, 401K
Hour: 8:30am - 5:00pm (M-F)
Location: Irvine, CA
Reports to: Quality Assurance Manager
The position of Quality Assurance Specialist consists of and not limited to maintaining, monitoring and conducting quality inspections and documentation to ensure compliance with sanitation, food quality and food safety standards.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities (Not Official: Please ask for more details during your interview)
• Responsible for food safety.
• Responsible for the company’s quality manual following the federal and state government regulatory standards, such as Food Safety Program, Food Defense Program, HACCP, HARPC, Sanitation Standard Operation Procedures (SSOP) and Allergen Control Program complying with SQF, FSMA etc.
• Maintain and update the required registrations and licenses, such as FDA, CDFA, OCSD, CDPH etc.
• Review the Quality Control reports to make sure whether each production follows the company’s quality rules/procedures.
• Regulate and prepare raw ingredient(s) and finished product sample(s) for third-party laboratory and review and maintain Certificates of Analysis (CoA) of the final products and ingredients.
• Conduct an internal audit to ensure that each production and other process proceeds keeping company’s quality rules. Audit results are to be communicated to the Quality Manager and Plant Manager and/or SQF members in a timely manner.
• Assist external and/or third party audit in order to maintain adequate standards of safety, quality and security in food production.
• Conduct weekly pest inspections and monitor pest control procedures to maintain facility sanitary conditions. Coordinate a monthly pest inspection conducted by the pest control company and review the result.
• Conduct environmental monitoring sampling of facility including yeast, mold, listeria, compressed air and water portability samples
• Prepare the allergen test for final products and review the result.
• In order to have employees understand the areas of cGMP, food safety/food defense, chemical handling, the importance of reporting, and hygiene, train employees at the new hire orientation and hold the annual employee training.
• Conduct out-of-specification investigation and corrective action report(s).
• Report daily food safety and/or food quality to immediate supervisor.
• Conduct any food safety related meeting.
• Analyze consumer claims, summary, guidance on corrective action to related personnel.
• Assist other departments for new product development includes and not limited to preparing laboratory samples for Nutrition panel, check food label and new materials.
• Perform other duties as assigned
* Bachelor’s degree in Food Sciences is required or equivalent experience required.
* 2-3 year work experience in any field is required.
* At least 2-3 year experience in the field (Food Industry Experience considered a major plus)
* Must be able to work in a team environment.
* Must have a positive attitude.
* Must have good written and oral communication skills.
* Occasional travel required (typically for training purposes).
* Strong computer skills
United States of America
Japanese / Japanese
Direct Hire Position
Folder Group ID
Apply for this Position
Job Title: Quality Assurance Specialist
Location: Irvine, CA
Job Type: Direct Hire Position
Reference ID: 361653
Posted Date: 3/29/2019