Test Engineer - Cockeysville, MD
The position will be responsible for testing of new Lithium Ion products as part of the cell development team. This role will also support test needs of other programs and departments. The majority of tests will be electrical testing. The person in this role will have a key role in the development of test protocols, some which are highly-complex in nature. Organizing, resource planning, and tracking results for presenting are valued skills in this role.
· Write testing programs of varying complexity, for a variety of electrical testing equipment. Plan testing with lab staff in consideration of maximizing available chambers and resources.
· Create data analysis programs, graphics packages, and work with scientists to interpret results. Perform post-test quality control on the data to ensure no anomalies have affected the results. Report analysis results in a professional manner.
· Cell Testing shall include any and all identified systems, test equipment, and test types. Test anomalies shall be handled timely, appropriately and analytically.
· Define and support Cell Test improvement initiatives. Troubleshoot Test Equipment. Generate and/or support generation of test harnesses, test boxes, associated test systems, and automation techniques. Recommend alternate testing methodologies or improved results likelihood.
· Support the Department Manager by tracking day to day needs of a Cell Program, monitoring test status, ensuring accurate results, presenting data, receiving / inventorying cells, and scheduling testing.
· A Bachelor of Science is required. This can be in either Engineering (Electrical, Mechanical, Chemical or Software) or in Physics / Math.
· A minimum of three years of experience in test engineering / programming.
· Candidates must have experience with programming, electrical assembly, troubleshooting electrical equipment and some project planning / organization.
· You should have familiarity with a variety of electrical testing concepts, practices, and procedures.
· Advanced mathematical skills using multivariable calculus.
· Creating concise and clear communication through presentations.
· Prior annual Capital Expenditure Request (CER) budget planning input.
· Candidates need to have advanced Excel skills (including macro writing) and some VBA programming skills.
· Prior experience using LabVIEW programming, Microsoft Access and SQL databases would be very beneficial.
United States of America
General / General
Direct Hire Position
Folder Group ID
Apply for this Position
Job Title: Test Engineer
Location: Cockeysville, MD
Job Type: Direct Hire Position
Reference ID: 362144
Posted Date: 4/2/2019