Big Data Architect - Monroe, LA
One of the world’s largest communication companies, our client has an opening for Big Data Architect to work onsite in Monroe, LA. This is initially a 9 month contract assignment and has potential to extend beyond that.
Imagine everything that you could learn to advance your career while working at a global communication and IT services company focused on connecting people to the power of the digital world.
As a Big Data (Hadoop) Architect/Developer, will be responsible for Cloudera Hadoop development, high-speed querying, managing and deploying Flume, Kafka, HIVE and Spark, and oversee handover to operational teams and propose best practices / standards.
The ideal candidate would have expertise with Designing, building, installing, configuring and developing Hadoop echo system.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
- Work with development teams within the data and analytics team to design, develop, and execute solutions to derive business insights and solve clients' operational and strategic problems.
- Support the development of data and analytics solutions and product that improve existing processes and decision making.
- Build internal capabilities to better serve clients and demonstrate thought leadership in latest innovations in big data, and advanced analytics.
- Defining job flows
- Managing and Reviewing Hadoop Log Files
- Manage Hadoop jobs using scheduler
- Cluster Coordination services through Zookeeper
- Support MapReduce programs running on the Hadoop cluster
- Ability to write MapReduce jobs
- Experience in writing Spark scripts
- Hands on experience in HiveQL
- Familiarity with data loading tools like Flume, Sqoop
- Knowledge of workflow/schedulers like Oozie
- Experience with HBase, NOSQL, HDFS, Java, MapReduce for SOLR indexing, data transformation, back-end programming, Node.js
This is a W2 position with Advantage Resourcing. Will not accept resumes from recruiters or agencies.
We offer benefits for purchase that include: Medical, Dental, and Vision Insurance as well as an excellent 401k plan.
Advantage Reference # 362685
United States of America
Online / Full App
Folder Group ID
Apply for this Position
Job Title: Big Data Architect
Location: Monroe, LA
Job Type: Temp Position
Reference ID: 362685
Posted Date: 4/5/2019