Network Support Engineer - Durham, NC
Responsible for assisting in the design of the computing infrastructure within the lab computing environment. Responsible for deployment of new servers, switches and storage arrays. Monitor and troubleshoot the technical environment for problems with a focus on maintaining a reliable, secure and efficient data communications network. The ideal candidate will be able to deploy, configure, maintain and monitor all active network equipment in order to ensure smooth network operation. Fully support, configure, maintain and upgrade corporate customer’s networks and in house servers. Maintain a working knowledge of all documented processes and procedures. Identify system performance issues and develop tools for better system management. Ensure that all services are consistently available to all end users. Provide technical assistance and consulting to the users if necessary. Complete proactive and preventative system upgrades. Maintain accurate hardware inventory records. Perform other duties as required.
rofile: - Datacenter Operations, Network, Windows Servers and Systems, Storage
Experience:- 5 to 8 years of overall IT experience in medium to large environments
Education:- A Bachelor degree in any branch of science, Computer Science or Related degree is preferred.
· Proficiency in networking Cisco and Dell switches
· Hands on experience in networking, routing and switching
· Ability to set up and configure server hardware
· Proficiency in designing/implementing VMware, HyperV Virtualization technologies
· Experience with VMware Vsphere 5.x, 6.x. Experience with vSphere problem determination and root cause analysis and investigation
· Proficiency in configuring VMware HA and DRS
· Proficiency in Storage technologies
· Performance troubleshooting using standard tools
· Experience with Windows Server 2008, 2012, 2016 and Windows 10.
· Strong System Administration skills on Windows, AD, DNS, DHCP etc..
· Proficiency in Hardware, Software and Operating System environments
· Proficiency in troubleshooting & analytical skills
· Ability to work with team
· Strong verbal and writing skills
· Preferred certifications: - CCNA/VMware VCP/MCSE.
· Knowledge on ITIL processes. Good understanding of Incident Management, Change Management, Problem Management, Capacity Management.
United States of America
Online / Full App
Folder Group ID
Apply for this Position
Job Title: Network Support Engineer
Location: Durham, NC
Job Type: Temp Position
Reference ID: 362849
Posted Date: 4/8/2019