Process Technician - Canton, NY
Encompasses the application of scientific and technological principles concerned with a continuous or periodic system of operations or activities in the production of manufactured products. Designs and plans layout for such processes as hardening, washing, laminating, etching, engraving, polishing, plating, and other material-processing operations. Plans sequence of operations and specifies procedures for cutting, shaping, and otherwise preparing basic material, exercising judgment in compromising between conflicting requirements, economic evaluation of methods, and operator effectiveness and comfort. Conducts tests and measurements throughout stages of production to determine control over such variables as temperature, density, specific gravity, pressure, and viscosity.
Roles & Responsibilities:
- Analyse data out put from production line
- Observe production process for adherence to specific tolerances
- Review docs and run plans for new production lines
- Review maintenance check logs and pass long WO/direct maintenance teams
- Answer operator questions
- help with scheduling of operators.
- Sound knowledge of job and a substantial acquaintance with the general aspects of the job. Intermediate level technical understanding.
- Implements standard procedures and proposes intermediate level modifications to improve workflow. Still generally obtains input to solve more complex problems.
- Works under general site supervision.
- Able to gather information independently using established and defined procedures.
- Able to train new employees to established procedures.
- Takes initiative in the area of continuous improvement.
- Uses some discretion.
- Contacts are typically within organization.
- May occasionally have contacts with others outside of the organization to seek clarity or ask for interpretation.
PPE - Standard will be provided - Steel Toed boots are reimbursable
Education: AAS Desired (prefer Eng. or Tech )
Experience: 3+ Years (prefer experience in manufacturing )
Manager Must Haves:
- Must come from a technical or mechanical background (chemical would be acceptable as well)
- Skilled with Excel and other Microsoft Office programs (5+ years)
- Must be able to speak to his/her skill for attention to detail.
United States of America
Online / Full App
Folder Group ID
Apply for this Position
Job Title: Process Technician
Location: Canton, NY
Job Type: Temp Position
Reference ID: 362974
Posted Date: 4/8/2019