Product Engineer Body - Dearborn, MI
- The successful candidate will be responsible for design and release of seat structure engineering from pre-programming through launch. Coordinate with other engineers in connection with CAD, CAE, and manufacturing operations.
- Review tool drawings, tooling CAD and molding simulations.
- Analyze and apply statistical techniques and software including applying 8D problem solving methodology and tools for DFMEA, DOE and tolerance design. Participate in design reviews based on Failure Mode Avoidance and develop and maintain test plans and reports (DVP&R).
- Signing off on seat structure CAD models and drawings for geometric dimensioning and tolerance (GD&T)
- Applying six sigma principles DMAIC and DFSS to seat structures
- Applying 8D problem solving methodology to seat structures
- Applying DFMEA, DOE, and tolerance design tools to seat structures
- Reviewing and signing-off on tool drawings, tool CAD, and stamping simulation for seat structures
- Analyzing and applying statistical techniques and utilizing statistical application software
- Participating in seat structure design reviews based upon Failure Mode Avoidance (FMA)
- Maintaining DVP&R and signing off on DV tests for seat structures
- Participating in seat system and vehicle system design reviews to identify efficient design solutions to seat structure designs.
Must have excellent communication skills to effectively communicate issues and develop recommendations for resolution
Requires 5 years of experience in the Design and development of Seat Structures
Bachelor of Science in Mechanical Engineering
Masters Degree in Engineering preferred
Additional Information :
Position may require travel to supply base to support issues
United States of America
Engineering / Engineering
Folder Group ID
Apply for this Position
Job Title: Product Engineer Body
Location: Dearborn, MI
Job Type: Temp Position
Reference ID: 363010
Posted Date: 4/8/2019