Product Engineer Body - Dearborn, MI
- This position is for one (1) Fit to Nominal Engineer position within OEM's Appearance Excellence department.
- Work with CAD designers to update fit and finish (F&F) and Surface Requirement Illustrations (SRI) sections to include measurement requirements (i.e., margins, flushness, parallelism, and symmetry) in addition to design requirements
- Confirm inclusion of F&F and SRI requirements in Special Characteristics Communications and Agreement form (SCCAF) for interior and exterior commodities
- Monitor progress of Engineer’s Review/Sign-off of Parts and Data for Trim Coordination Builds (TCB) and Part Coordination Fixture—Exterior Ornamentation (PCF) events.
- Audit prototype, Trim Coordination Build (TCB), Part Coordination Fixture—Exterior Ornamentation (PCF) and production build vehicles leading to Ok-to-Buy for F&F and SRI requirement compliance.
- Track and manage closure of Fit and Finish and Surface Requirement Illustration issues through OEM’s on line data base (i.e., AIMS).
- Provide updates for Fit and Finish/Surface Illustration Requirements and Meets Design Intent/Meets Customer Expectations items closed loop lessons learned.
- Review part dimensional data and solve system Issues.
- Report Fit to Nominal (vehicle fit and finish and surface requirement illustration confirmation process) metrics.
- On - site PD lead for Trim Coordination Build (TCB) and Part Coordination Fixture Exterior Ornamentation (PCF) events.
- Lead reviews with engineers / suppliers for part signoff for Phase 1 - Ok to Grain -- Drive closure of component and system dimensional issues.
- Capture issues found during TCB events and document in AIMS (Ford’s on line build issues data base) - ensure alignment with Product Development engineers, Supplier Technical Assistance, and Vehicle Operations before writing into AIMS to eliminate duplicate issue writing.
- Evaluate Fit & Finish and Surface Requirement Illustration specifications and record measurements in OEM’s “VAST” system (OEM’s on line Fit & Finish data base). Launch team member - "Live" at Nominal Engineering Buck (NEB)/Vehicle Builds (VP through OKTB) located at the lead assembly plant.
- Track "Fit to Nominal" Signoff for All Body Interior parts.
- Lead Management / TCB reviews at build site: oKey Fit to Nominal and OK to Grain metrics oSignificant out of specification fit and finish issues
- Schedule “fit to nominal” meetings with ALL interior suppliers and engineers and work with them to “tune” parts until Fit to Nominal requirements are met.
- Bachelor of Science degree in Engineering required.
- 3+ years working with GD&T, gages, and vehicle measurement techniques preferred
- Ability to work with diverse groups including OEM’s Design & Release engineers, Manufacturing engineers, and supplier engineers.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and leadership behaviors.
- Ability to travel to all OEM assembly plants (U.S., Canada, and Mexico) to support new model launches.
- Ability to travel to meet with OEM suppliers and perform onsite part evaluations.
- Position is continuous and ongoing and not tied to a single program or a fixed duration.
Bachelor of Science in Engineering
United States of America
Engineering / Engineering
Folder Group ID
Apply for this Position
Job Title: Product Engineer Body
Location: Dearborn, MI
Job Type: Temp Position
Reference ID: 363015
Posted Date: 4/8/2019