Product Engineer Body - Dearborn, MI
This posting is for Interior and Exterior Dimensional and Craftsmanship teams. Responsibilities include but are not limited to driving vehicle to design to world class craftsmanship and establishing craftsmanship targets for new programs.
- Drive vehicle design to World Class Craftsmanship.
- Establish body craftsmanship targets for new programs.
- Apply design and process standards, lessons learned, and best practices for fit and finish excellence.
- Drive required ingredients and craftsmanship enablers at Program Start to meet vehicle craftsmanship targets.
- Coordinate benchmarking and analyzed data to drive decision making on appearance related issues.
- Conduct design & process reviews. Present to senior management on issues and work plan. Work with Manufacturing, Design & Release, Integration, Program Management and Studio Engineering to drive recommended surface / cutline changes that would meet fit/finish standards.
- Lead cross-functional teams, including Product Development, Vehicle Operations, purchased service suppliers, and product suppliers to address systemic craftsmanship issues.
- Validation of Surface and CAD nominal interfaces
- Identify issues and opportunities for improvement based on dimensional analyses, and virtual and physical evaluations.
- Develop workplans and lead cross-functional teams to resolve system issues and ensure targets are met.
- Provide technical support for body dimensional analysis, control and system design.
- Develop Assembly and Component Preliminary GD&T.
- Support system dimensional variation analyses (DVAs).
- Improve product Quality and Craftsmanship through RSS analysis and design alternatives.
- Develop and implement robust system design and production process practices.
- Evaluate Supplier build data to assess future delivery capability.
- Verify supplier gaging & measurement strategies to deliver expected dimensional capability.
- Assist engineering with launch and product issues.
- Ability to develop plans and lead implementation in cross-functional teams.
- Excellent interpersonal and organizational skills.
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Automotive product development and manufacturing engineering experience
- Team Center, CAD / CATIA experience required.
- Systems analyses and methodologies.
- Strong PC skills with experience in Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint.
- 3-5 years of experience in dimensional control.
- GD&T development.
- Check fixture development, gauge R&R, and dimensional management.
- Dimensional variation analysis tools (Vis-VSA, RSS).
- Geometric Dimensioning & Tolerancing (GD&T).
- Statistical concepts, methods & tools. 6 Sigma trained is a plus.
- Vis-VSA dimensional variation analyses toolset.
- Hypermesh, Nastran, CAE
- Highly-motivated, self-starting individual.
Bachelor of Science in Engineering
United States of America
Engineering / Engineering
Folder Group ID
Apply for this Position
Job Title: Product Engineer Body
Location: Dearborn, MI
Job Type: Temp Position
Reference ID: 363018
Posted Date: 4/8/2019