Tech Support Engineer – Linux - Durham, NC
Tech Support Engineer
Must Haves: Hands on Linux experience - command line Linux and Linux system administration experience, storage and networking.
Tech Support Engineer Applies general systems level technical expertise to standard to moderately complex systems level customer issues. Customer issues may be received by Support Centers through automated dial-homes, voice initiated technical calls from our Customers, Customer Engineers, or remote maintenance calls and Web Support Calls. Identifies and provides resolutions to an assortment of technical problems. Provides validated technical information, support process instructions and special support requirements to the customer base. Engineers provide problem determination and resolution for customer issues. Develop and implement resolutions to identified problems, and follows standard practices and procedures. Identifies records and proactively revises current procedures and tools to improve customer satisfaction. May need to engage or escalate to more senior resources to resolve more complex issues.
- Applies technical expertise using standard operating and diagnostic protocols to resolve standard to moderately complex system level issues that are negatively impacting product performance at our customer sites.
- Identifies, documents and escalates customer issues.
- Effectively communicates procedural and technical issues to internal and external customers in a fast paced and customer critical environment.
- Maintains a "closed-loop" communication style assuring all appropriate individuals are notified of ongoing issues and problem resolution status.
- Responsible for sharing all acquired knowledge concerning problem resolution with the Field and, as appropriate, to Customers.
- Contributes to centralized problem identification and resolution database.
- May assist in problem recreation and failure analysis of systems level issues.
- Recommends and utilizes a wide variety of test equipment, diagnostic tools and techniques used in problem resolution.
- May provide documentation and direct feedback to Field Technical Specialists, Account Managers, Sales and other Technical Support co-workers as appropriate.
- May identify and interpret interoperability and support matrixes.
- Provides input to training programs and/or serviceability enhancements as requested by the Field and Technical Support Departments.
- Reviews training materials and procedural documentation as requested.
- Communicates effectively to internal and external customers as necessary through a variety of mediums.
- Monitors and tracks all service calls, provides call status updates at regular intervals and communicates status to customers using Call Tracking Databases.
- As a 24X7X365 organization shift work, holidays and on-call responsibilities may be required.
- 3+ years of customer support experience.
- Ability to work in a high-pressure environment.
- Excellent Troubleshooting and Customer Service skills.
- Highly customer focused. Strong Interpersonal skills.
- Presentation skills.
- Knowledge & Experience with the following technologies: Microsoft Operating Systems/Hyper V, Microsoft Applications (MSSQL, Exchange), VMWare (vCenter, vSphere), Strong Linux knowledge is required, Database applicationsOther Key Attributes:
- Proactive and willingness to help customers and mentor peers.
This position is located 100% onsite.
9 month assignment with a possibility of extension and/or conversion.
United States of America
Online / Full App
Folder Group ID
Apply for this Position
Job Title: Tech Support Engineer – Linux
Location: Durham, NC
Job Type: Temp Position
Reference ID: 363053
Posted Date: 4/8/2019