Mechanical Engineer - Sterling Heights, MI
Job Title: Sr. Mechanical Engineer
Job Location: Sterling Heights, MI
Length of Assignment: Temp-to-Perm
Contract Hourly Rate: $52.88/hr
- We currently have an opening in Sterling Heights, MI for a Sr. Mechanical Engineer with EVMS (Earned Value Management System) experience to work on a Military Vehicle Program.
- The Combat Vehicles Structures Design Engineer is responsible for designing and coordinating engineering aspects associated with the vehicle chassis and turret Structures.
- Structure Design products include the vehicle hull structures and all structural interfaces (i.e. machining, mounting provisions, welded on brackets, & stiffeners), doors, hatches, access panels, lifting/towing/tie-down provisions, and intake/exhaust grilles.
- The Structures engineer will work other system IPT’s to document and integrate their mechanical interfaces (Mounting Provisions) onto the vehicle structure.
- The Structures engineer may also be responsible for hull attachment installations such as lifting, towing/tie down, ramps, hatches, and access panels.
- The Structures Engineer will at all times promote and maintain a safe work environment and ensure compliance with all safety rules of the company.
- The Structure Engineer will also be expected to provide Engineering Support In Production (ESIP), to work with technicians, weld engineers, and manufacturing engineers to help resolve problems on the production line.
- The Engineer must be able to capture the details of any issues discovered during production in a Problem Report, then report back the issues to the IPT lead engineer.
- Must have 5+ years relevant work experience in the defense or automotive industry.
- Must have EVMS (Earned Value Management System) experience.
- Manages engineering design, development, analysis, test, and/or product assurance projects of moderate size and significant technical complexity to meet cost, quality, performance, and schedule requirements.
- Executes Earned Value Management System (EVMS) planning and reporting (Control Account Manager – CAM) responsibilities.
- Manages change requests received through reports and requests (Vendor Information and Change Requests, Request for Variance) within the delegated scope authority and budget.
- Maintains engineering rigor, documentation and product quality and safety throughout the lifecycle.
- Conceptualizes, creates, and analyzes designs to ensure technical outcomes are consistent with customer and company requirements.
- Performs trade/decision studies to ensure optimum solutions are reached.
- Resolves conflicts between individual subsystems and/or disciplines to the benefit of system performance, quality, reliability, and cost.
- Participates in formal technical reviews with customers and internal technical reviews with peers and subordinates.
- BS in Mechanical Engineering.
- Experience with engineering structures design, prototyping, production, and test environments with relevant ground vehicle applications in the defense environment.
- Experience with use of Windchill (EPDM) and drawing repository (EDVS) systems.
- Expert knowledge and experience with PTC’s CREO Cad and CREO View computer tools.
- Extensive knowledge/experience with drawing, model and GD&T standards and application.
- Specialized technical knowledge of relevant military and commercial design standards.
- Ability to evaluate and solve complex technical problems working with program team members and others that require extensive investigation and analysis.
- Conducts effective meetings, discussions and presentations.
- Practices and contributes to corporate, division, and department mission and culture.
- Ability to communicate effectively with internal and external individuals, including its customers.
- DoD work experience in combat vehicle design preferably vehicle structures.
Sterling Heights, MI
United States of America
Engineering / Engineering
Folder Group ID
Apply for this Position
Job Title: Mechanical Engineer
Location: Sterling Heights, MI
Job Type: Temp Position
Reference ID: 363192
Posted Date: 4/11/2019