Mechanical Engineer - Sterling Heights, MI
Sterling Heights Mi
Software: Pro/Engineer (CREO), Team Center Vis-Mockup, SpaceClaim
Education and Experience
Required Education: Bachelor of Science Major, Mechanical Engineering
Experience: 5-7 years CAD Design, or Vehicle Packaging, or System Integration
- System to system interaction & clearance, system accessibility for installation & Development and maintenance of Pro/E (CREO) Master Model and Interface assemblies.
- Develop space claims for static condition, dynamic condition, sway, shot line, and keep out zones.
- Develop and maintain Product Structure and establish preliminary EBOM.
- Support concurrent engineering reviews, tech reviews, drawing sign-off, and internal/external checkpoint reviews.
- Support trial fits and vehicle builds
- Perform system/component interference and clearance analysis; compile reports clearly documenting results, impacts, and recommended solutions.
- Track status of Design and Drafting activities relative to program milestones. Resolve issues that impact meeting program milestones.
- Identify critical interfaces and coordinate interface definition with impacted organizations/vendors.
- Develop and Maintain Interface Control Drawings, Class & Division drawings, Installation drawings, General Assembly Drawings, Appurtenance Drawings, Turret & Hull Weldment drawings.
- Interface with Program Office, Design Engineering, Systems Engineering, Logistics, Vetronics, Manufacturing, Design Services, vendors, and USG
- Other job requirements
- Defense Contractor experience desired.
- Good computer skills required in the following: PC (Excel, Word, Power Point, Project, Internet Explorer).
Sterling Heights, MI
United States of America
Engineering / Engineering
Folder Group ID
Apply for this Position
Job Title: Mechanical Engineer
Location: Sterling Heights, MI
Job Type: Temp Position
Reference ID: 363317
Posted Date: 4/11/2019