Japanese Bilingual Project Manager, Localization - Plano, TX
Position: Japanese Bilingual Project Manager, Localization
Work Location: Plano, TX
Salary/ Pay Range: DOE
Benefits: Health Insurance (100% of employee premium covered by the company), 401 (K) with Company match, Paid Vacation, Holiday and Sick Leave, Workplace perks such as food/coffee and flexible work schedules
Supervisory Responsibility: No
Report to: Vice President
Our client, the world's leading technical documentation/ marketing and training material/ media (audio and video) localization service company, is looking for a Localization Project Manager (Japanese Bilingual).
You will be responsible for coordinating the delivery of localization and translation projects from start to finish to our clients, ensuring clear communication channels at all times to guarantee consistency in delivery of the projects to high profile clients (automotive).
To be successful in this position, you will be required to manage complex localization processes and a variety of stakeholders, including instructional designers, technical writers, customers, and language-service providers.
The ideal candidate will also have business acumen, is well versed in the latest localization technologies, and has expertise in language quality, process improvement, and vendor management.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND FUNCTIONS INCLUDE BUT ARE NOT LIMITED TO THE FOLLOWING, OTHER DUTIES MAY BE ASSIGNED (NOT OFFICIAL JOB DESCRIPTION: PLEASE ASK INTRVIEWERS FOR MORE DETAILS) :
• Manage localization/translation projects from beginning to end, working closely with sales department, internal localization team, external resources, and other departments
• Liaise with sales staff to clarify client expectations, scope, requirements, constraints, and other project parameters
• Analyze project scope and requirements and develop project plans and workflows, managing timeline, budget, resources, and quality control parameters
• Assign, monitor, and measure project team members’ work. Manage team’s compliance with standards, practices and policies
• Direct team’s deliveries to timelines and product quality, including responsiveness and professionalism towards both internal and external clients
• Ensure efficient use of tools and methods and effective execution of QA procedures during the translation process and on-time delivery of all projects
• Maximize utilization of team, preparing alternative work for periods without projects and/or billable work for other teams and units
• Continually search, establish, and cultivate excellent relationships with global pool of language service providers, contract translators, and proofreaders
• Create and control localization project budgets, perform cost tracking analysis, ensure timely issuance of purchase orders and invoices and approves work reports
• Present regular reports to client, corporate office and peers on progress and forecast of project team’s work status, escalating issues and evaluating needed support
Education: Bachelor’s Degree (localization, translation, linguistics, or equivalent experience)
Master’s Degree in related subjects a plus
Knowledge: Solid in-depth knowledge of localization and translation processes and issues
Experience: Minimum of 3-5 years of experience directly related to project management (preferably in the localization and/or translation industry)
Language: Fluency in Japanese (Reading/ Writing/ Listening/ Speaking)
Skill: Excellent presentation/communication skills, with the ability to clearly present the localization/translation processes to clients
Proficiency in translation memory tools (SDL Trados and others) is a must
The ability to manage complex multilingual projects in various file formats (xml, docx, pptx, xlsx, indd, eps, csv, pdf, html, jsp, asp, xliff, ttx, mif, inx, idml, etc.)
Highly‐developed software skills (Microsoft Office Suite, Windows, SDL Trados Studio or other TM tools, Adobe products, XML/DITA)