Japanese Bilingual Bookkeeper - Plano, TX
Position: Japanese Bilingual Bookkeeper
Work Location: Plano, TX
Salary/ Pay Range: $20/h
Condition: Temp-to-Hire, Non-Exempt
Benefits: (During the temp duration) Medical, Dental, Vision, Tax-Advantaged Plan (401k, HSA), Life& Disability Insurance, Other discounts (Pet Insurance, Travel, Legal, telecommunication discounts etc.)
(Once hired) Health Insurance (100% of employee premium covered by the company), 401 (K) with Company match, Paid Vacation, Holiday and Sick Leave, Workplace perks such as food/coffee and flexible work schedules
Supervisory Responsibility: No
A Japanese company in Plano, TX is looking for a Japanese Bilingual Bookkeeper.
You will be responsible for handling AP/AR daily functions.
To be successful in this position, you will be required to utilize your previous experiences and knowledge in AP, AR, journal entries, record keeping, filing, reconciliations, and financial reviews duties/task.
The ideal candidate will process a high volume of invoices electronically in a timely, accurate manner.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND FUNCTIONS INCLUDE BUT ARE NOT LIMITED TO THE FOLLOWING, OTHER DUTIES MAY BE ASSIGNED (NOT OFFICIAL JOB DESCRIPTION: PLEASE ASK INTERVIEWERS FOR MORE DETAILS) :
• Accounts Payable/Accounts Receivable Assistance
• Data and order entry.
• Makes customer calls to investigate short payments and/or discrepancies
• Perform general bookkeeping duties.
• Assist with month end and year end reporting.
• Communicate with vendors/customers regarding invoice questions
• Month-end, quarter-end, and year-end reports
• Credit Card Reconciliations
• Process Paypal Payments
• Process and issue credits related to returns, freight allowances and advertising claims
• The ability to remain highly organized, handle multiple priorities at the same time, and meet strict deadlines.
Knowledge: Solid in-depth knowledge of localization and translation processes and issues
Experience: 3-5+ Years Knowledge of bookkeeping and generally accepted accounting principles.
Language: Fluency in Japanese (Reading/ Writing/ Listening/ Speaking)
Skill: Computer knowledge including MS Office applications, Sage software a Plus
Review statements on a regular basis and work with vendors to obtain any invoice copies needed
Experience working with daily deadlines, month-end, quarter-end, and year-end reports
Work collaboratively with all departments as well as vendors to resolve open issues.