Japanese Bilingual Corporate Reservation Travel Agent - Plano, TX
Position: Japanese Bilingual Corporate Reservation Travel Agent
Work Location: Plano, TX
Salary/ Pay Range: $16/h-$18/h (DOE)
Working Hours: 9am-6pm (1 hour meal break)/ Full-Time or Part-Time of your choice
Supervisory Responsibility: No
Report to: Regional Manager
A travel agency in Plano is looking for a Japanese Bilingual Tour Coordinator for their corporate customer's reservation (business trips).
The corporate culture is very friendly and teamwork-oriented. The company has been a chosen provider of the services to many major prominent Japanese companies for their service quality.
The ideal candidate will be able to communicate fully in Japanese (reading/writing/ speaking/ listening) with corporate customers in Japan and arrange travel accommodations with airlines, hotels, and venues etc. in the U.S.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND FUNCTIONS INCLUDE BUT ARE NOT LIMITED TO THE FOLLOWING, OTHER DUTIES MAY BE ASSIGNED (NOT OFFICIAL JOB DESCRIPTION: PLEASE ASK INTERVIEWERS FOR MORE DETAILS) :
• Handles reservations and ticketing for corporate clients by email or phone calls.
• Handles all elements of travel including and not limited to airfare, cars, hotels, airport parking, car service, visas, passports, etc.
• Observes, receives and otherwise obtains information from all relevant sources to provide accurate information and advises to maximize cost savings and providing the highest degree of customer services.
• Monitors online booking accounts, issues tickets, and assists with changes, request for new bookings or other issues.
• Understands and illustrates a working knowledge of both online booking tools.
• Resolves all flight issues where a traveler is at risk due to weather delays, flight schedule changes, etc. to the meet customers' satisfaction.
• Answers questions from clients regarding invoices, refunds, credits, no show charges, etc.
• Distributes invoices and statements for on time payment.
• Helps with any guests' special requests for personal, or leisure travel purposes.
• Site visitation with customers to actual airport, hotel, tour, and company office as needed. May attend a meeting at a customer office.
• Data entry into system as well as Microsoft Office Suites (Word, Excel) and maintain the tour cost and sales.
• Interacts with partners, suppliers and business partners including hotels, restaurants, events venues, airlines, bus company to coordinate trip arrangements (English, Japanese)
Experience: 2+ years of working experience in the office environment or service industry environment. Travel agency or other travel-related company experience (airline, hotel) is preferred but not mandatory
Language: Fluency in Japanese (Reading/ Writing/ Listening/ Speaking) - (Japanese 80%: English 20%)
Skill: Detail oriented and accurate personality.
Great organizational and time management skill.
Interest in travels and travel coordination.
Available for overtime and business trip for full-time applicants.