Industrial Engineer - Hanover, MD
Job Title: Industrial Engineer
Job Location: Hanover, MD
Salary: Depends on Experience
- We currently have a Direct-Hire (Permanent) opportunity in Hanover, MD for an Industrial Engineer with a Robotics background to develop automated handling equipment and controls.
- As an Industrial Engineer you will be responsible for designing automated material transportation systems and supporting fabrication, integration, and installation of the systems at customer sites.
- This would include, but is not limited to determining and specifying system design requirements, working with internal and external teams to develop automated handling equipment and controls, programming/installing/troubleshooting PLCs, traveling to global customer sites to support system installations, writing training and technical documentation, and supporting bid and proposal efforts for new work.
- Demonstrates ability to devise innovative solutions to problems.
- Independently performs difficult engineering tasks to completion that may include a variety of complex features, conflicting design requirements and the need to coordinate the work of others.
- Excellent technical judgment, and appreciable independent evaluation, creativity, and latitude in making decisions are expected.
- Designs mobile, automated material transportation systems from concept through installation and testing phases.
- Supports installation, integration, commissioning, and handover AGVs at the customer site
- Troubleshoots vehicle electrical, mechanical, and software issues.
- Calibrates and tests vehicles.
- Designs, integrates, and tests automated material handling systems such as conveyors, lifts, shuttles, and manipulators; interfaces with customers’ material handling infrastructure.
- Programs, installs, and troubleshoots PLCs.
- Writes training and support documentation.
- Analyzes, troubleshoots, and refines vehicle routes and traffic rules to optimize material flow.
- Assesses vendors for technical competence and capability.
- Supports system engineering and provide input to proposals for new work.
- A Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Industrial, Mechanical, Electrical, or Computer Engineering, or in a related technical field.
- 5-8 years of work experience in robotic, industrial, or material handling systems, or in a related field.
- Experience with reading, understanding, and creating electrical schematics, wiring diagrams, 3D models, and mechanical assembly drawings.
- Understanding of networking concepts, hardware and software.
- Customer focused attitude.
- Ability to function and thrive in a small team environment composed of multi-disciplinary engineers, programmers, and technicians.
- Ability to remain calm and professional in a demanding and dynamic work environment, often in direct contact with the customer
- Excellent written and oral communication skills in English.
- Ability to act with limited guidance generating innovative solutions to complex problems.
- Willingness to travel up to 20% to domestic and global customers.
- Experience in material handling and/or automotive industry.
- Dutch or German language skill is a plus.
- Experience with writing training documentation is a plus.
- Experience with factory automation systems is a plus.
- Experience with PLCs and other industrial automation control systems.
United States of America
General / General
Folder Group ID
Apply for this Position
Job Title: Industrial Engineer
Location: Hanover, MD
Job Type: Temp Position
Reference ID: 363603
Posted Date: 4/12/2019