Plant Engineer - Louisville, KY
- NVH PVT (Plant Vehicle Team) Engineer for Super Duty, Expedition, Navigator Powertrain at the Kentucky Assembly Plant. Be part of the proud team to deliver OEM quality and be the final sign off on the Super Duty, Expedition, and Navigator vehicle performance before it goes to the customers.
- For this position you will have responsibility for Powertrain NVH but will have strong support from the other OEM PVT engineers at the plant.
Day to day responsibilities include:
- Lead local powertrain noise (PT) to meet stringent quality target (customer surveys and warranty).
- Ability to multi-task is a must, the assembly plant is a dynamic and changing environment.
- Lead on any related product holds (Stop ships, campaigns, quality issues, etc..
- Work directly with hourly personnel, engineers, suppliers and all levels of company management.
- Root cause disposition of any vehicle level issues to respective functional engineering activities.
- On site launch lead for Powertrain NVH attributes.
- Champion quality status by monitoring early warranty claims, binning claims, contact dealerships on parts, make HOT requests to ship parts to suppliers for root cause evaluation.
- Manage “quality checkbook” with project inputs, project health, and glidepaths.
- Support Plant cost reduction blitzes.
- Chair/support local and Dearborn-based Vehicle Engineering team meetings.
- Support engineering change trials. Lead/Support vehicle evaluation drives.
- Highly motivated self-starter who can work autonomously as well as lead team toward common goal when necessary.
- Skilled at trouble shooting and methodical data analysis, analytical skills are a must, statistical knowledge is a must.
- Communication skills are key, must give clear and accurate direction to all team members and management, speak confidently.
Minimum of 3 years Vehicle Engineering, including vehicle dynamics and/or NVH experience
Ability to work with and lead assembly plant /supplier team to implement changes required for VE improvement -plant Prefer 6-sigma black belt certified experience is preferred.
4 year engineering degree
Engineering Master Degree
Additional Information :
- Thrives in plant environment.
- This position and work is exciting, challenging, and most of all rewarding as you are part of the team delivering a great vehicle.
United States of America
Engineering / Engineering
Folder Group ID
Apply for this Position
Job Title: Plant Engineer
Location: Louisville, KY
Job Type: Temp Position
Reference ID: 363915
Posted Date: 4/15/2019