Project Architect - Huntsville, AL
Position: Project Architect
Work Location: Birmingham, AL or Nashville, TN (Relocation Support will be provided)
Salary/ Pay: DOE
Benefits: Medical, Dental, Vision Insurances, Paid Vacation, Holiday, Sick Leave
Supervisory: Responsibility - No (Yes in the future)
Report to: President
A global construction service firm has an exciting opportunity for an Architectural Project Manager.
This position will be stationed at clients (mostly manufacturing plants) in Alabama and Tennessee area.
Architectural Project Managers are responsible for the management of entire projects, from start to finish including conceptual, schematic, design development, construction documentation and construction services. You will be responsible for leading consultants, internal resources, overseeing the development of contract documents, adhering to budgets, facilitating contracts, construction site representation, and are a primary client contact throughout the life of a project.
The portfolio include Manufacturing plant facilities, Industrial facilities. Office buildings, Education facilities, and Commercial facilities.
Founded back in early 1900's, the firm offers services to a diverse client base with extensive global experiences.
This is an excellent opportunity for professional growth due to the company’s start-up phase to serve clients in GA, TN and AL areas.
The work sites are most likely in TN or AL.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND FUNCTIONS INCLUDE BUT ARE NOT LIMITED TO THE FOLLOWING, OTHER DUTIES MAY BE ASSIGNED (NOT OFFICIAL JOB DESCRIPTION: PLEASE ASK INTERVIEWERS FOR MORE DETAILS) :
• Manage projects and teams, and mentor staff and day-to-day client interaction
• Establish the factual parameters of the design work (e.g., code, site restrictions, budget, and schedule restraints), identify building systems options and related performance and cost criteria, and assist in the presentation of design documents
• Formulate the project work plan based on an approved scope of work. Lead the execution of the various tasks identified therein. Assume primary responsibility for the daily activities of the architectural project team and the progress of the work and for the technical quality of the Construction Documents (drawings and specifications)
• Set the project schedule and budget, and identifying changes to the scope of the work and related repercussions on project schedule and budget. Advise the
• Director of Georgia Office of changes in the project workload.
• Initiate and orchestrate the work of the entire project team (the various engineering and interiors disciplines, and other consultants), and facilitate the timely exchange of information between all project team member; assume responsibility for the coordination of all disciplines, documents, and for insuring that quality control procedures are enforced
• Perform all in-house construction administration duties: respond to RFI’s, review and approve shop drawings, issue bulletins, etc.; assist in providing field-representation services.
• Help maintain and improve office architectural standards, details and production tools.
• Attend marketing presentations for new project opportunities.
• Perform related duties as assigned
Experience: 10+ years of experience in the field of Architecture (Preferably at general contractors)
Education: Bachelor’s degree in Architecture or Architectural Engineering; Masters preferred.
License: Registered Architect/Professional Engineer preferred
Language: Strong communication skills in English (Japanese Bilingual Skill is a plus)Skill: Proficiency in AutoCAD, Revit, MS Project, Microsoft Office, and ProjectWise
United States of America
Japanese / Japanese
Direct Hire Position
Folder Group ID
Apply for this Position
Job Title: Project Architect
Location: Huntsville, AL
Job Type: Direct Hire Position
Reference ID: 363978
Posted Date: 4/15/2019