Industrial Engineer - Hickory, NC
One of the world’s leaders in materials science, our client has an opening for an Industrial engineer to work onsite in Hickory, NC. While this is a 12+ month contract position it has the potential to extend to 24 months.
Plan, direct, and continually improve Lean Manufacturing initiatives at the site. Drive the implementation of Lean fundamental competencies (Value Stream Maps, Visual Performance Metrics, WPO, Kaizen, Work Standardization, Gemba Engagement) & transformational competencies (workplace design, inventory controls, capacity flexibility, flow smoothing, value add analysis, insignificant changeover) in order to continually improve performance in quality, cost, delivery, morale, & safety.
EDUCATION AND SKILL REQUIREMENTS:
• BS degree in Engineering and/or equivalent experience.
• 3-5+ years of manufacturing experience.
• Knowledge of manufacturing methods, systems, and production processes required.
• Excellent inter-personal and communication skills (written and verbal) required.
• Must be process/results oriented and have organizational and attention-to-detail abilities.
• Working knowledge of personal computers including (eg word processing, spreadsheet, AutoCAD, analysis of manufacturing data).
• Background/familiarity of Lean concepts preferred.
• Experience with process automation and/or automated guided vehicles (AGV) preferred.
• Clearly communicate the Lean groups philosophy, vision, & expectations.
• Deliver & improve the process of training and development of site employees regarding Lean concepts.
• Assist with development & implementation of a strategy for a self-sustaining Lean program including metrics that support lean manufacturing philosophy.
• Lead value stream mapping exercises to identify & document opportunities to improve the business (Current & Future State). Develop & execute project plans in order to achieve the Future State.
• Facilitate continuous improvement activities via Mini Kaizens, Kaizen Blitzes, DMAIC projects & through daily interaction with site employees. Facilitate leadership and others going to Gemba to truly understand and implement improvements.
• Develop & implement sustainable 5S, visual control, Load Smoothing, Single Minute Exchange of Die (SMED), Total Productive Maintenance (TPM), & other Lean programs.
• VBA and Macro report development
• Integration of lean concepts into existing systems (eg job descriptions, objectives, training systems, technology development, supply chain)
United States of America
Online / Full App
Folder Group ID
Apply for this Position
Job Title: Industrial Engineer
Location: Hickory, NC
Job Type: Temp Position
Reference ID: 364154
Posted Date: 4/16/2019